We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

da Livio's

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. John
3 posts
Save Topic
da Livio's

There pasta is not store bought. They make all of their own pasta and sauces right there in the kitchen by Livio himself. Everything is authentic from Italy, and the only Italian wines you will find on island.

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: da Livio's

It might be authentic but my wife and I felt it was overpriced even by St John standards for what you got. $30 for 4 lobster ravioli's is unacceptable. I saw a spaghetti and meatball platter and a clams over pasta with terribly small portions. My dish was tasty but way too small and nothing special. The bread was hard and stale and was served only when asked without any butter or oil.

I can not see how they will be able to survive.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: da Livio's

Interesting first post - employee/owner maybe but then again he/she would know it is St John not St Johns (see their location) :)

Pia

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: da Livio's

I guess I should have added interesting first post considering no one had asked if the pasta was homemade or store bought :)

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: da Livio's

Yea, makes me wanna go there....... LOL

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: da Livio's

I haven't heard much about da Livio's in quite some time! I have never been there for more than a glass of wine. I do have a friend who has been a handful of times and he really enjoys it. He hasn't been this season at all, but when they used to offer lunch he would pick some up to go. Has anyone been there lately?

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: da Livio's

I forgot to add...the original poster's profile says this:

rustedpine5

St. John's, Antigua (location)

Since this week (member since)

I won't add any more since somebody recently jumped all over me in a PM saying that I acted like I owned the forum and incessantly post when I tried to explain why some people are leery of first time posters who post something of this nature.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: da Livio's

I owe an apology for not checking that it was Antigua sooooooo, sorry :)

Pia

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: da Livio's

I wish that the posts didn't cut off parts of the information. Some screen names and locations are too long to show up all the way. You have to click on their name to see the full info, which is not so convenient! See you later today Pia!!! It was so busy in town yesterday!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: da Livio's

Went there in Feb and was so good went back 2 nights later for our last night in St John. I recall it as not expensive.. 1 appie, 2 main courses, 1 desert and bottle of wine (cheapest one ) was $110... That would of been $175 @ Zoto's. If you think that is expenseive for Authentic Italian food that was excellent in St John.... there is allways Macdonalds @ Orlando Fla on your next trip

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: da Livio's

The Orlando Mickey D's serves Italian Food?? Now they aren't making their own pasta too, are they?

I have never eaten at DeLivio in STJ.