We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most romatic spot

ny
9 posts
Save Topic
most romatic spot

I was wondering where the most romatic spot is on the island and what the most romatic restaraunt was.......any good spots to watch the sunset?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most romatic spot

Looking forward to hearing some feedback on this myself. Zozo's upstaris is a great place to watch the sunset, however it is pretty hot in the summer. The camps at Maho Bay is another amazing place to watch the sunset, however the 'romance' of it is probably subjective. Plastic plates/tables, serve yourself, some kids running around. However the view and food are great. Asolare right outside of Cruz Bay maybe?

NH
Level Contributor
848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: most romatic spot

I have so many favortie spots that I couldn't name one-On my next trip hubby and I are going to hike Rams for sunrise.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most romatic spot

We considered Rams, and we're staying very close to Salt Pond . But really, sunrise is like 5:45am, it's a good 45 min hike once you get there. So you have to get up at 4:45. TOugh to set alarm that early on my vacation....

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most romatic spot

My wife and I just got back from STJ...the whole island is pretty damn romantic, but here are a few places that stuck out for us:

1) Gibney Beach pretty much any time of day, but dusk is pretty awesome and if no one else is parked at the gate, you know you'll be the only ones there. Pretty much any beach for that matter at dusk would be that way...just bring bug repellent.

If you're swimming at Gibney or have a Dinghy, there's an isolated cove with a tiny beach just big enough for two on the far right side.

2) Peace Hill has a windmill ruin with views of Gibney on one side and Trunk on the other. Easy 3 minute hike. We liked getting sandwiches from Deli Grotto and eating breakfast there. But you could easily get a bottle of wine and go there at dusk too. Bring a flashlight if you stay after dark.

3) Rent a villa that's high up with a balcony or deck. Honestly, that's probably the best bet of all because you can be alone.

We liked Rams Head and hiked it about 7am in the morning, but it was still really humid, so it was more like going for a jog than a romantic rendezvous.

As for restaurants, I haven't tried them, but I always hear Asolare and Zozo's mentioned.

Hope that helps, but again, just being on the island is romantic in itself.

NH
Level Contributor
848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: most romatic spot

bchappelle- It will be early but we don't have to do anything the rest of the day:) Well except sit in our beach chairs with Rum and Ting!!!

MA
Level Contributor
740 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most romatic spot

My husband and I have been to that little slip of beach to the right of Gibney...truely a memorable experience. And, we love being at the villa we rent at dusk...magical.

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: most romatic spot

54b,

you may not have Gibney to yourself at dusk, even without cars on the road--because that's when some actual Gibneys may dare venture out to swim--.locals know its poor manners to go there after 5.

8. Re: most romatic spot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2010, 16:30
54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: most romatic spot

Thanks, Melia....didn't know about the after 5 thing at Gibney. I knew there are frequent guests in the Gibney cottage, but I figured the right side of Gibney was still public and as long as we stayed over there near the picnic bench and yellow house, we were good. And it's not like we were making a bunch of noise or parading over to the part of the beach in front of the Gibney cottage. Still, I didn't think that was a question of breaking an unwritten rule, just common courtesy.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: most romatic spot

For most romantic restaurant, I vote for Sweet Plaintains, very cozy and candlelit and fabulous food. Sunrise/sunset- yes to the Maho or Concordia camps!