We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Has anyone out there had any bad experiences when renting through

this company? www.jamesmmillerpropertymanagement.com

We rented via the vrbo website.

We received a weird email this morning regarding the owner not receiving our deposit when the money order was delivered successfully with the owner endorsing it. I verified with our bank this morning. Any experiences good or bad would be greatly appreciated as we are getting worried we have been scammed. Thanks!

covington ga
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

we did a last minute booking of casa bueno found on vrbo last summer and james (goes by marc) miller was our contact. we talked a time or 2, committed via email and paid at arrival 4 days later by personal check. very responsive even brought us some mint and limes form his garden when i enquired where to find for adult bevs. i would give marc an A+ on handling us. talked to him recently about sol inclin for this yrs trip and would have booked but the wives thought drive to town to long. again very responsive.

don't know how marc got inside on so many vrbo rentals but probably from good service and recs. we were ist renters of casa b last summer when owners moved out and got to meet owner james phillips and his wife. turns out he has family in my ga home town so we chatted a bit. phillips has been on island for several yrs, build several houses and built and at time still owned the shopping plaza in coral bay cocolobo? where liilies and aqua bistro and others are. believe he also built and owns house/condos behind that project. he may even own sol incl.

point if a local builder property developer lets marc handle their properties, i consider a good rec too. but people do strange things.

papabou

covington ga
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

i should have added to call marc at numbers on his web site. he's always answered or immediately return my calls. if you do tell him jerry bou from covington ga said hello.

papabou

canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Thanks for the reply. Just to follow up, Marc has straightened this out for us very quickly. He was in contact with the owner and she forgot she had cashed the cheque. I have in no way meant to trash his reputation. I was only concerned with being burned, as most people would be.We are staying at Sol Inclination in february so I will post a review of our trip then. Thanks again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Papabou - Covington, Ga? We are right down the street from you in McDonough!

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Marc is a very honest trustworth person - you won't go wrong renting through him :)

Pia

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
665 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

And by the way, you will love Sol Inclination. We were one of the first renters in November 2007. Place was impeccably furnished and views were to die for.

We rented through Island Getaways, Kathy Mc Laughlin and everything went well.

Annapolis
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

We recently rented Villa Tiffany through Marc Miller and he was superb. Drove us up the house and showed us around, house was setup well and we had a great week. You have nothing to worry about.

St. John
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Marc Miller is our property manager, and we couldn't be happier. We do our best to keep perfect track of deposits, but everyone makes the occasional mistake. Marc is very honest, and you will be very happy with him!

covington ga
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

jlwIII, i won't hold that against you! i've a native (as in all my 66 yrs) and have known buddy welch a long time and know a few folks in new hope rd area.

peace,

papabou

canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sol inclination villa-james miller property management

Thank you all for the replies. He seems very accommodating and even gave us his home phone number to discuss any concerns. All is well, and now all we have to do is wait for february. The first week we are staying at Sol Inclination, and the second week we are staying at Cruzian Hacienda on St.Croix.