We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef Madness or Apito

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
294 posts
334 reviews
Save Topic
Reef Madness or Apito

It will be just 2 of us and we have it narrowed down to Reef Madness or Apito. Has anyone stayed at both to tell me which I should lean toward? Pros....Cons....?

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

I have not seen Apito but have been to Reef Madness many times - LOVE Reef Madness :)

Pia

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

I haven't been to Reef Madness but it looks very very nice. I believe it has more living space than Apito. We stayed at Apito in May and loved the location. Reef Madness is a little farther to the beaches but of the two I'd go with Reef Madness.

Edited: 21 July 2010, 01:35
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

The answer is Reef Madness, regardless of the other villa. Sitting high on Seagrape, catching that last sunlight of the day, looking over the Coral Bay valley, watching the goats and donkeys play from your clothing optional privacy. Yep, Reef Madness.

Cheers, RickG

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
294 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

Thank you, guys! The "clothing optional privacy" did it for me....lol

St. John
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

Reef Madness is awesome! So are the owners!!!

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

It sounds like your mind may already be made up, but as a former guest there, I never miss an opportunity to recommend Reef Madness - it is awesome!

charleston, sc
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

Hello! My husband and I have been to St. John several times. We have stayed at the Apito twice in the last two years and will never stay anywhere else! It has all the amenities for a great stay in St. John. The views of Coral Bay Harbor and of Norman Island are incredible. The owner's are very down to earth and are very eager to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. We never feel like we are staying in a "rental unit". The furnishings and decor are beautiful as well as comfortable. We have never stayed at Reef Madness, but after staying at the Apito, we feel no need to look any further! We give the Apito two thumbs up!!

8. Re: Reef Madness or Apito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 05:18