We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

courtsey car rental?

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
courtsey car rental?

I have been looking into Courtesy and would love to hear thoughts and concerns from others. I am interested in them due to the location, free parking and car seats.

I am also interested in learning about

Ease of rental?

Condition of car?

Issue with carseats?

Anything else that would be helpful.

Thanks for all your help!

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: courtsey car rental?

Sorry for the spelling errors....Courtesy:)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: courtsey car rental?

I have use Courtesy Car Rental the past 2 years and plan to use their services again this coming year. I don't know about car seats, but I can tell you that they made renting from them very easy. If you call them, they will let you know if they have car seats or not. They allow you to park your car in their lot when you are in town. The cars have been in good shape and the whole staff is very polite and thorough. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them.

Randolph NJ
Level Contributor
398 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: courtsey car rental?

We just rented two SUVs from them for 12 days (Durango and Explorer) and both cars were about 1 year old and in very nice condition. It's a family run business and they were very nice. Parking in their lot is free but it's about a 3-4 block walk down into Cruz Bay (so not as close as a few other agency's to the Wharfside area etc). C&C and another agency is on the same street as Courtesy. They were less per car for us than some of the close agencies though so sometimes we used that money we saved to park in Slimmans lot ($10). I did like them and at the end a young man who's family owns the agency took us to the ferry dock and really wanted to know what we liked about St. John and what we did not like. He seemed genuinely interested and was very mature and we really liked the fact that he cared. He agreed with our sentiments too and said to please come back. We thought that was great service.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: courtsey car rental?

We've used Courtesy several times and will do so again. The cars have always been in good condition, and the process of picking up and returning them has been fine. Yes, you can park in their lot, which is about a 7-minute walk from the ferry terminal. I can't comment on the car seats.

In general, people who rent cars on St. John tend to be satisfied, and I'm in no position to say that Courtesy is better than any other company, but they are very nice and professional and you certainly would not regret choosing them.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: courtsey car rental?

Our car rental on our first trip was a horrible experience. On our second trip, we rented from Courtesy and were just overwhelmingly grateful for the professional and courteous service we received. They have our business, from now on.

Reserving the car was easy. I think it took a phone call and then faxing or emailing a form in. We were met at the dock by a nice friendly guy and transported to the Courtesy offices. Check in at Courtesy was efficient and friendly. We parked in their lot while in Cruz Bay and they were always nice and let us know where we could put the car so it wouldn't be in the way. When we returned the car, we were taken back to the ferry doc by yet another friendly guy.

The ONLY thing that could have been improved upon was if the employees would let you know where we could go to vacuum the car. We like to return our cars in great shape (and some companies charge you for sand in the car, reportedly). We'd used Love City Car Wash, the first trip, to vacuum, but it seemed to be out of business. We drove to Courtesy and they said they didn't know where we could vacuum the car out. Maybe there ISN'T any place to vacuum... That's possible. We felt bad, not vacuuming the bit of sand out, though. No, they didn't charge us anything for not vacuuming.

In November, we'll ask on arrival, where a vacuum can be found. And we'll be renting from Courtesy for sure.

St. John
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: courtsey car rental?

For car seats, I would rent from Island Baby. You can reserve online at, www.islandbabyvi.com

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: courtsey car rental?

I have used Courtesy the past 2 years and will use them again this year. Cars in fine shape and very nice and efficient staff. No complaints.

8. Re: courtsey car rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 05:17