We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

Pawtucket, Rhode...
7 posts
Save Topic
Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

Hello! We have been on the boards for more than a week and our heads are still spinning!

First-timers. Don't mind traveling all over island. Want to see lots of beaches and take some hikes. Not shoppers. Any recommendations would be SO appreciated! Also, is there any specific rental company you would recommend? Budget is $3,000 to $3,500 for Villa...Thank you!

daisytown
Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

Are you going off or on season ? Would you rather be close to Cruz Bay or would you rather be out a way in Coral bay? Give us some details on whats important to you and the recommendations will come!!!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

There are so many options so we really do need more info.

What time of year?

Sunset or Sunrise?

2 or 3 bedrooms?

Pawtucket, Rhode...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

April 9, 2011 (Easter Break so peak season)

Need 2 bedroom

9-yr old and 6-yr old.

Quiet and secluded preferred. Can drive to the busy places. Thanks!

Sunrise or sunset--no real preference.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

I highly recommend Morgan Point with little ones. It is 3 bedrooms and they are all interior, so that is bonus. Many houses have bedroom with outside entrances, not something you want with kids.

It has a small pool and a beautiful view.

Close enough to town but in a nice area of vacation rentals.

PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

We found Sopra Mare, and if you can wait for my trip report in December, i'll fill you in then.

Here's a link to the VRBO listing. http://www.vrbo.com/251854

It is managed by Viva http://www.vivacations.com/

I chose it becase it's only a little over a year old, it has 2 interior bedrooms and it has a killer view!! The owner is very nice and the location is awesome. It's at the end of Great Cruz Bay Road, which will be quiet and close to town.

Good luck, and enjoy!!

PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

My time ran out to edit my last post...I wanted to add that we have stayed at Sea Turtle Villa in Fish Bay and loved it!! It's about a 10-15 min drive to Cruz Bay. It has 2 interior bedrooms and a nice pool.

http://www.seaturtlevilla.com/

Good Luck!!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,434 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

Check out Idyllic @ www.vacationvistas.com Beautiful area, quiet but not far from Cruz Bay and North Shore beaches.

Once you find a place you like don't wait to reserve it since you have set dates. Many places book up to a year in advance.

Edited: 09 August 2010, 21:28
Pawtucket, Rhode...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

sopra mare looks beautiful..

Pawtucket, Rhode...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

sopra mare looks beautiful..

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa for 4, with pool, a/c and clean...

Wow, Sopra Mare, looks just beautiful, I'll have to save it to the files of possible house plans for an St John home in a few years :-) I only looked at 3 bedroom villas, so this isn't one that I saw when I was villa shopping for our upcoming trip.

We're staying at Odessa, odessa-stjohn.com if you want to look at it for a possibility.