We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa rental

Hong Kong
8 posts
Save Topic
Villa rental

Is there a good website to look up villa rentals in st john?

United States
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa rental

caribbeanvilla.com

vivacations

homeaway.com

vrbo.com

Hong Kong
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa rental

Is it worth it financially to do a villa or should I just stay at the westin where the conference is? We were hoping to rent a car but I don't want to leave my boyfriend at home alone while I drive to conference in the am. Thoughts? I am nervous about the westin as it has recieved many bad reviews. Help! we would only be there for 6 days. Coming in on wed the 3rd and leaving monday the 8th.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa rental

www.vacationvistas.com

www.islandgetawaysinc.com

also www.stjohnusvi.com for lots of info about St John including more villa rental companies, car rental co, etc.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa rental

We are villa people. Love the privacy and more space (usually cheaper too). No reason to leave your boyfriend home alone while you are at the conference. Rent a jeep and have him drop you off in the AM. He can do some exploring and pick you up later. He can then take you to the spots he scouted. There is so much to see and do. He won't be bored, but you probably will be....LOL!!!

Driving on the left is easy and you can't get lost.

What month are you going?

Edited: 25 August 2010, 17:28
Califon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa rental

cateredto.com is another good villa rental company. I have used them in the past along with the others mentioned.

I would definately get a villa. It is so much nicer and as mentioned can be more cost effective.

Newport News VA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa rental

Go with a villa for sure! The Westin is overrated and the beach is the worst on the island. We just returned a few days ago from two weeks in St John. This was our 4th summer there. We also use VRBO.com as it will benefit you to deal directly with the owner and avoid the rental company fees.

We stayed at Villa Claudia in Fish Bay which was incredible. The very generous owner gave us an amazing rate that was probably half of what you would spend for a week at the Westin!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa rental

st. joh = stay in a villa! we used

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/

this company only does villas on st. john and tortolla

although we didn't use the following company, (trip fell apart) it was great working with lisa at

http://vacationvistas.com/

8. Re: Villa rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 06:52