We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our newest villa list

Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Our newest villa list

We have added Waterfall to our list of possible villas for next June. Sunset Vista is another one we are looking at. Concerned about the proximity to town and north shore beaches as we plan on spending so much time there. Love everything about Waterfall except I don't think it has sunset views which we would really like to have. Does anyone know of any villas comparable to Waterfall with sunsets and closer to town? Budget - 4,000. Belvedere, Calypso Del Sol, Dream Come True are also on the list right now.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Our newest villa list

Is the villa for 2 people or more?

Waterfall is pretty far from the north shore beaches. I haven't checked out the other villas on your list but check out this google map with most villas marked to see some of the choices closer to town. Villas with sunset views will most likely be on Gifft Hill, Contant Point, Virgin Grand Estates or the west point of Great Cruz Bay.

Here's the link:

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Our newest villa list

Have you checked out Allesandra? www.islandgetawaysinc.com/allesandra.htm

3 A/C bedroom just at your price range. Large pool and outside deck/hot tub/sunset

Oh, and I believe it has the option for an additional cost for A/C in the great room.

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
678 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our newest villa list

Dont know that Waterfall would be my first choice, as it has recieved some so-so reviews in the past. It is almost to Fish Bay so it is a little farther from the north shore beaches than I would like, and the primary views are east from Fish Bay along the south shore, although you may have views over Rendevous too. I doubt you would have sunsets.

Sunset Vista would be an excellent choice for sunsets and full A/C at a reasonable price for Virgin Grand Estates, with a great, convenient high -up location. It was on our very short list for this past summer if we could have made a trip.Understand it has recently been completely redecorated. Dream come True is alleged to have a treacherous driveway--have heard this from several folks including 2 villa managers. I have not seen it myself. Dont know Calypso but heard great things about Belvedere and it has great sunsets.

Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our newest villa list

Deb, yes I have looked at Allesandra-not quite as close to the ocean as I would like and not sure about the view from all the bedrooms. Would like each couple to have a nice ocean view. Otherwise, it looks like a great villa.

Knolmom, I really like Waterfall but I know it is too far away for us and we really do want sunsets. I hear mixed reviews about Belvedere but am still drawn to it. Sunset Vista looks great but not sure about the decorating. The pics I look at seem so motel-like in the rooms. Do you know what kind of renovations are happening there? I too have heard about the steep driveway at Dream Come True and also I think it would be nice to be higher up. Other villas we are finding include:

1)Calypso Del Sol - ????? views

2)Villa Catalina - Very cheap-only 774/couple!, not luxurious, views questionable

3) Leeward

4) Palm Hill

5) Altagracia

6) Villa Carolina

7) Mango Bay

8) Watercliff

9) Latitude

10) Allesandra

11) Colibri

We might be willing to sacrifice the HT if we get great views and great pool. It looks like most places are still open in June but I am still getting pretty nervous about getting something booked. Thanks for all input-greatly appreciated!

Edited: 11 September 2010, 15:52
Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our newest villa list

I think Villa Waterfall, Villa Carolina and Mango Bay are out of the running at this point.

Edited: 11 September 2010, 17:11
Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our newest villa list

Calypso Del Sol, Latitude and Villa Carolina are off the list which now leaves:

Altagracia - Does it have good ocean views from all bedrooms????

Palm Hill -

Eaglesnest - Hate that yellow bedroom

Leeward - Not sure about location

Colibri - Does it have good ocean views from bedrooms????

Sunset Vista - Has everything but not sure about the inside.

Belvedere - Love it but worried about the mixed reviews, ants around pool area, etc.

Allesandra -

Watercliff - Nice views but pool looks really small

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our newest villa list

Have you looked at Villa Colorado? It's on VRBO. We have rented it for next Spring and it is very close to town. We have 4 couples and are paying $4000. The pool looks great. Also the villa owner has been very nice to work with.

We stayed at Calypso del Sol last year. I don't really remember really good sunsets but it is located in Chocolate Hole and the views were moderate. We did enjoy the villa though.

covington ga
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our newest villa list

we stayed at altagracia the 1st week in august with another couple. villa is huge, by far the most usable outside area ever had, well equipped and great views to west over pillsbury sound from all rooms on main level. didn't use lower level bedrooms but looked in. both were large but musty and very bland. location was very convenient, yet just had bad feel for villa. probably due to weather and that continuous afternoon sun, but great room was just too hot to enjoy and master bedroom drapes had to stay pulled to keep room cool. when we 1st arrived we figured lack of ac in great room would not be an issue due to 7 sets of screened sliders on front and back. unfortunately air just didn't move through villa and you have all those doors to lock when you leave.

couple of unusual features: washer and dryer in entrance hall open to master bedroom, while the 2 king bedrooms on main level were large and comfortable with great bedding, there were no doors, only openings (& only half wall in master) between sleeping area and toilets/showers. after 44 yrs of marriage, bride & i don't have secrets, but we don't share everything either.

highest priced villa we've stayed in (though paid more on some winter trips) but she would rank toward the bottom of our favs list. i suspect if we had stayed there early dec, it would have been cooler and our perspective would have been different.

papabou

St. John
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our newest villa list

Sorry to see Waterfall is off the list-its about 12-minutes or so from town but has lots of fantastic amenities such as an automatic generator, a pool and spa. The outside dining gazebo is perfect for morning breakfast or just for habor gazing...and the bedrooms and bathrooms are huge.

Hoxie, Kansas
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our newest villa list

Keke-

Villa Colorado is beautiful but just doesn't seem to have the expansive open ocean views we are looking for this trip. I believe it will be in the running for the next trip.

Papabou-

Thank you for your input about Altagracia. The "heat" issue is big for me.

STJFlip-

Really love Waterfall villa. It too will be on the list for the next trip. This group is really looking for sunset views which may not be so important next time. I think it looks like the perfect villa in many regards.

Thanks everybody. Keep the opinions coming!