We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction noise at Villa Maria?

Raleigh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Construction noise at Villa Maria?

We have Villa Maria on Great Cruz Bay for 12 days in July - does anyone know if there is some large construction project going on close by Villa Maria that would be disruptive? I love this Villa and am hoping it won't be too much of a bother. Any info much appreciated!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction noise at Villa Maria?

Your best best is to ask the villa manager, when the time gets closer.

it is hard to know what will be happening in July. Construction now may be done and an empty lot could start work the week you arrive. There really is no way to be 100% sure.

Unless you are a homebody, you will probably not even notice much if there is construction nearby. We get up early and head out and by the time we get back to the villa, they have stopped working for the day. I have never been so disturbed by construction that it ruined my trip.

Raleigh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction noise at Villa Maria?

Thank you! I am not a homebody but I will be hanging by the pool searching for my lost shaker of salt!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction noise at Villa Maria?

If you find the shaker of salt...you may not even notice if there is noise :)

4. Re: Construction noise at Villa Maria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 16:17