We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

Just booked a 4WD 4 door Jeep with Courtesy Car Rental for July 2-13; having trouble finding a 4 door Jeep as many booked already for Carnival. Has anyone had experience with Courtesy? I like their Jeep Cams: you can find all of them here - gives you a good idea of roads if you are a first timer on St. John

gofindsolutions.com/sites/state/usvi/usvi-ca…

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

They are my favorite on the island. They are very "courteus" and professional. I use them every year.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

They are very friendly and courteous. The jeep I rented last June was clean, newer and appeared well maintained. I have reserved another jeep with them for this April. I can not recommend them enough!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

They will always be our first choice. We used them on our second trip. The vehicle was clean and well maintained, and they were VERY courteous, which we really appreciated!

Randolph NJ
Level Contributor
398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

We had a great experience with them. Rented two SUVs (Explorer and Durango) and both cars were in great shape and they were nice. We did our best to brush out the sand and they noticed when we returned the cars and thanked us saying usually folks don't do that. When we left the island, a young man drove us from their lot to the ferry and was very nice and professional. His family owns Courtesy and he asked us what we liked and what we did not like about St. John. He was genuinely interested. We would recommend them from based on our one experience.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

I have to agree with the previous posters. I have nothing negative to say about them and they're our first choice as well. I highly recommend them.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

I agree with everyone else. I've used them many times, and they are great.

PENNSYLVANIA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

We have rented from them on all five of our trips to STJ and will use them for number six. Greg and the folks are great.

Traverse City...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

We agree with all of the above. This February was the eighth year in a row that we rented from Courtesy. They are always polite and courteous. And they are always there at the ferry to pick you up when you arrive (if you call ahead from Red Hook and let them know what ferry you are arriving on) and are always willing to store your luggage on departure day from their 10 AM vehicle return time until your ferry departure time. That makes it easy to spend your last few hours in Coral Bay without having to worry about or haul around your luggage. Also, they are happy to drop you and your luggage off at the ferry dock when you have to leave. Over the years we have had a few flat tires (usually nails or screws we picked up from banging around the outer edges of St John) and the guys at Courtesy have always quickly and efficiently repaired or replaced the tire and sent us on our way again with a smile.

9. Re: Courtesary Car Rentals opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 02:19