We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

We will be traveling from Boston in May and are looking for a Coral Bay restaurant for a relaxing dinner after a long day on the road. Any recommendations? Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
411 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Shipwreck Landing is a great choice for dinner on your first night - or any night!

NH
Level Contributor
847 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

We go to skinny legs for a burger and a beer -

bethesda, md
Level Contributor
407 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Second the recommendation for Shipwreck Landing. We were in Coral Bay recently and ate there 4 times. I'd suggest to go with the specials but everything we tried on the menu was wonderful.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Seasoned traveler to Coral Bay from Boston here- Shipwreck Landing is wonderful and yes, go there but also consider, slightly down the road, the more upscale but totally relaxing and wonderful Sweet Plantains. More money, very romantic, just wonderful. I will never understand the appeal of Skinny Legs but I am not a sports fan and don't like place on several levels. BUT its the only Coral Bay spot I would not recommend. You are so gonna love STJ!

Bourbon, IN
Level Contributor
423 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Would you say Sweet Plantains would be better for an anniversary dinner than Zozo's?

bethesda, md
Level Contributor
407 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

I think Zozo's and Asolare are in a class by themselves on the island (i haven't eaten at the highend Caneel restaurant). I like Sweet Plantains but for a special occasion I'd go with Zozo's.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Shipwreck Landing is great, you will be very happy with a meal there!

Romantic dinner? Zozo's

2BNUSVI
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Sweet Plantains. Nothing else compares...

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

The Turtle Bay Estate House and the Equator Restaurant, both at Caneel would also be great choices for an anniversary dinner. The Equator Restaurant is open air, while the Turtle Bay Estate House is not. I've eaten at Zozo's and while it was a nice experience and the food was good, I think it paled in comparison to these two restaurants at Caneel. I'd take my kids and go eat dinner and watch the sunset at Zozo's but for an anniversary dinner, it'd be Caneel, no doubt. Restaurant choice is so subjective though.

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Bay restaurant recommendations?

Sweet Plantains. Much higher quality cuisine, higher price. Husband wife team are chef and hostess/server. They offe ra rum tasting...some really high end stuff in very big snifters. Gives you a whole new appreciate for Rum.