We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Fare Alerts

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Air Fare Alerts

I recieved 2 airfare alerts today. One from PHL for under $300 and one from EWR for under $400. I haven't checked into them yet, but those of you whou are holding out for a air fare drop may want to look into it.

daisytown
Level Contributor
621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Fare Alerts

Just checked orbitz for june travel yikes flying out of Pittsburgh double what we usually spend. We are already booked, checking for family who might join us not looking good. Whats up?

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Fare Alerts

Just looked at US Airways PHL>STT July mid week. The best I saw was $541 with 1 stop. Weekend non stop was $561. I guess that is good by todays standards, but nothing under $300 from US Air like the alert said. I did find $451 from EWR>STT (taxes and fees included) in mid June.

I purchased my ticket for my trip next week non stop EWR>STT on May 29th, 2010. I paid $298++ for a total of $347 non stop from EWR. A lot sure has changed in 10 months.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Fare Alerts

I had been using the Travelocity Fare Watcher when I was looking to buy tickets last fall from JFK to STT. I received great looking alerts ($298, $349, etc) , but when I went to check them out it said something like "price no longer valid"and showed the cheapest flights around $500. Not sure where the problem lies, but definitely don't believe an airfare alert without checking it out completely. We wound up paying about $400 pp going through the airline directly and playing around with the days of travel.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
149 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Fare Alerts

I use Kayak and they seem right on the money-

north carolina
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Fare Alerts

Also a heads up...USAir bumped our 2:00ish flight out of STT and now we fly out at 4:30. They stated that they have cut down on the number of flights and now will only have 2 flights out of STT Mon-Fri. We were not pleased because due to connecting flights and a 1 1/2 hr drive from airport to home this puts up back home around 2am. But what can you do....have a great time in STJ while you are there and dread the day you leave!!

6. Re: Air Fare Alerts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:17