We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windward side (coral bay) VS Over the Rainbow (reef Bay)

Ft Collins, CO
1 post
Save Topic
Windward side (coral bay) VS Over the Rainbow (reef Bay)

We are going to St John for our 1 yr anniversary/belated honeymoon. We are currently looking at two different rentals (above). If anyone has any info about the Rainbow or WW side, it would be much appreciated. They both look awesome. We are looking to be able to hike to a beach. We also looked at Carnival beach house, but the owners are on property, so not a secluded as we'd like.

Thanks!!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windward side (coral bay) VS Over the Rainbow (reef Bay)

You can do a seach in the box above to the right of "St John Forums". I found several reviews on Over the Rainbow but only one for Windward. Is the complete name Windwardside Villa? If so, there is a main house and a guest house. They can rent them both (to two different parties) if you don't pay for the whole property from what I read.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Windward side (coral bay) VS Over the Rainbow (reef Bay)

We stayed in Over the Rainbow about 5 years ago. Pretty view of Reef Bay ( at the time 1 power line was visible but I've since heard they've gone underground) and nice breezes kept us very comfortable in summer - we stayed in June. You can hike down to Reef Bay Beach and probably enjoy the beach all to yourselves. The villa was very basic - clean but needs some updating and maintenance. It was for sale at the time so I'm not sure how much was done. Just minor stuff - pool tiles coming loose, screen repair. The breezes kept us bug free - our kids enjoyed the pool . It has a neat little courtyard with a palm tree between the rooms and a view on a little deck off one bedroom toward Fish Bay. We spent most of our time on the pool deck. Don't know the other house - don't know when you are traveling but you might want to look at Sea Spirit in Kiddle Bay - far out but you can hike down to the beach and the views are to die for. Small and no pool but a real feeling of peace and seclusion.

3. Re: Windward side (coral bay) VS Over the Rainbow (reef Bay)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:16