We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Shuttle

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Shuttle

I have read a few times about the Westin Shuttle. Is it still running? What beaches do they take you to? Do they Pick you up? Does it cost anything? are they talking about the Taxi's that are in front of the main lobby? how long will they continue to do this?

thanks!!

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Shuttle

There is no free shuttle from the Westin to town/beaches. There are taxi's that have the Westin sign on them but they still charge. I believe when people reference the Westin Shuttle they are referring to the water taxi from STT to the Westin STJ and there is a charge for that also.

Pia

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Shuttle

2 possible answers.

1. The golf cart that takes you around the Westin property. It's free, but only runs on the property itself, no beaches, nowhere else.

2. The ferry that takes you from STT to the Westin. Its not free, and the only place you go to is the Westin itself.

Not sure what other shuttle there is

Edited: 11 April 2011, 03:26
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Shuttle

Last December there WAS a beach shuttle! I think there was a small charge and they went both ways! Call the property and I am sure they can tell you!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Shuttle

I think after the heavy rains last winter when the Westin Pool was muddied and the beach was less than nice - still had boats wrecked on it, restaurants closed and much mud and erosion on property --- there was a Shuttle that was provided for guests to get to other beaches - maybe that was it?

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Shuttle

We had friends just get back from the Westin a couple of weeks ago. They said that they really did not use their rental cars all that much because a Westin shuttle took them to beaches and into town. They just tipped.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Shuttle

This Westin beach shuttle was running when we were there during the last week of February, and the westin reimbursed people for their cab rides back from the beaches as well. Give them a call and see if it's still happening.

on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Shuttle

We have a villa there so I know about the golf carts and taxis.

the shuttle I'm talking about is the one LocalSailor, Keke and Donald Fagan mentioned. As LocalSailor said the shuttle started when the Westin had the flood. I had read trip reports that it was still continuing.

What beaches does it take you to? Is it free (other than tips) and does it take you into town?

Thanks for everyones input.

I'll call them on my off day...if I get to be off this week!!!!

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Shuttle

bubbasgonefishin,

Did you find put about the free beach shuttle? We are debating on weather to rent car, and if the free shuttle to the beaches is working there is no need to rent one. My questions would be the same that you had...

What beaches does it take you to? Is it free (other than tips) and does it take you into town?

on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Shuttle

I called the Westin and I talked to some people that were there recently and it is still running. I haven't heard anything about stopping it.

You get a ticket/pass at the check in desk, catch the shuttle, which run at certain times of the day, take a taxi back but get a ticket. You take the return ticket to the desk and they will credit your account for the amount of the return. It seems to be working well.

We decided to use our week and will be there in July. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited: 30 May 2011, 22:45
on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Shuttle

Also, we are planning to only rent a car for one day to save $$.

The beaches they go to are Trunk, Cinnamon and Hawksnest.