We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to drink on STJ

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to drink on STJ

Important stuff here. I posted on the other forum too but would love everyone's answers. We will be making our first trip in July withour two kids 10 and 14. What are your favorite drinks? Do you make by the glass or have recipes by the pitcher (that would probably be better). My husband loves bloody mary's. I have heard about the Tourist Trap so we are excited to try their famous drink left keep right ( I think) or maybe the other way around??? We will be staying on Bordeaux Mountain so can visit both ends of the island.

NH
Level Contributor
848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to drink on STJ

Pain Killers and Cruzan mango mixed with sprite!!!!

Valdosta, Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to drink on STJ

I second the Painkillers and Lime in the Coconuts~

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to drink on STJ

There were 6 of us last trip so we made everything by the pitcher. Bushwackers & Painkillers in the afternoon/evenings and Bloody Mary's for breakfast.

I did a quick search above and found recipes for both bushwackers & painkillers. We like using Spicy V8 for our Bloody Mary's and have to add horseradish for extra kick!

27 more days for us!!!

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
740 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to drink on STJ

Painkillers for sure!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to drink on STJ

Well -We definitely will be trying the Painkillers among others. Thanks so much!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
255 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to drink on STJ

RUM PUNCH, of course!

No, really. Anything with Cruzan rum, but when we're on St. John I almost always go for Painkillers instead of rum punch. My bride sticks with rum and tonics.

lexington, ky
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to drink on STJ

Painkillers!!!!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to drink on STJ

I liked to buy a bottle of good aged rum. The Cruzan barrel aged is very nice. A little in a nice glass with an ice cube and sit outside and watch the stars and imagine the pirates sailing by. To me.... nothing is more Caribbean than that.

B.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to drink on STJ

Definitely the watchword on STJ or STX and STT is --- KEEP LEFT !! [and honk horn frequently.]

No matter what you are drinking - especially if you are driving as well.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to drink on STJ

Rum, beer (the Virgin Islands Pale Ale is very good). And if you're feeling adventurous, try a dark and stormy, particularly if you take a day trip to BVIs

Edited: 13 April 2011, 02:46