We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John Weather

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rock Hill, SC
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
St. John Weather

My husband and I are leaving on Saturday the 16th for a 6 night stay at the Westin. I have been looking at the weather channel and have noticed that it has rained for a week or more and that rain is predicted everyday that we are there. Is this usual? Is it just a quick shower or an all day event. I am so disappointed.

Thanks

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. John Weather

It rarely rains all day every day. it is normal to have a daily shower in the forecast and many times, although forecasted, it doesn't happen. The island has not seen good soaking rains for quiet some time.

A quick look to the webcam shows party sunny skies and no rain right now, but there was a little this morning.

You can not control the weather, no matter where you travel. Just pack your clothes and go on vacation. If you sit around worrying about what might happen with the weather, you are setting yourself up for disappointment before even getting there...just my .02 on weather worry

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. John Weather

I agree with Tinkerbell. The weather will be what it is. Nothing you can do about it, but it has never rained on us for our whole trip or even the majority. Maybe rain one day then a sprinkle here and there or a downpour that last 10 minutes.

Don't make yourself crazy!

26 more days for us! hehehehe

Edited: 12 April 2011, 19:41
St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. John Weather

It certainly has not "rained for a week or more" anywhere in the VI - we are experiencing a severe drought as a matter of fact - there is water rationing and the islands are very brown with a lot of leaves off the trees.

You can watch the webcams -- the Serendipity one in Chocolate Hole is almost exactly the Westin weather.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: St. John Weather

Where pray tell did you hear that ????

As localsailor wrote we are in a severe drought and have had no rain to speak of since November although we did receive a 3 min rain at Maho last week (I remember as I got soaked walking my dogs) but nothing in Coral Bay - we are all praying for heavy rain right now but only at night so no ones vacation is ruined.

Pia

Rock Hill, SC
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. John Weather

Thanks all! I have been looking at www.weatherchannel.com. I'll quit now though!

Rock Hill, SC
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. John Weather

Thanks all! I have been looking at www.weatherchannel.com. I'll quit now though!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. John Weather

If you Must look at online weather predictions and info try www.weathercarib.com ----- locally produced and VI oriented.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. John Weather

Snoopy,

You probably don't want to hear from me because it rained the entire week we were down there last July. HOWEVER, we still had a blast. If you do get rain, it will most likely be a passing shower, as others have stated. St. John is a gorgeous island with wonderful people. Even the rain can't overshadow the beauty of STJ.

I'll be praying for sun for you during the day and showers during the night - got to keep that island lush!

Fairfax, va
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: St. John Weather

snoopy. glad you asked the question. i had asked a similar question when showers were forecast and was reassured by many. we leave tomorrow and i have been peeking at the st. john spice cam off and on the last few days. yesterday and today, i caught the trees making shadowsonly once or twice though the sun was out in full force for sunset. There was usually this big dark cloud (that didn't seem to move though the people did so it wasn't the same image) but I never saw (or could tell) that it acutally rained. I'll have to check out the other webcams! Enjoy your trip!

Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. John Weather

I was worrying about the weather as well. Any recommendations on rainy day activities just in case?