We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a reasonable place for a couple?

Pittsboro, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
a reasonable place for a couple?

My wife and I are headed to St. John in a few weeks (late May). We'll stay at Maho Bay for a few nights but also wanted to spend a couple of nights somewhere else (like a b&b, hotel or condo or something similar). Our budget is not huge, and we're not fancy resort kind of people. But we would like to be kind of close to town. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
150 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

the Estate Lindholm is right above Cruz Bay and very reasonable. Super laid back and an east walk into town.

Edited: 30 April 2011, 10:47
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Grande Bay (check on VRBO) or St John Inn http://www.stjohninn.com/

Parker, CO
Level Contributor
801 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Sailview Guest House for sure!!!!

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
706 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

I'd look on www.vrbo.com where there are listings for efficiency apartments/condos in the Cruz Bay and Coral Bay areas. There's a calendar of availability for most of the paces so you can see up to date whether they have room. I think it is a fabulous idea. Even though Maho is a wonderful experience, it is nice to try something different. Also, you might look into Maho's sister camp, Estate Concordia on the other end of the island. We love Concordia for its interesting set-up, amazing views and excellent restaurant. The two camps are different.

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
308 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Look at the reviews for Samuel Cottages and their website.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Try Nancy's Folly. Not sure how close to town it is though

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
300 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Check Garden by the Sea. Easy walk to town, good value, great breakfast.

Virginia
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Never stayed at Sail View, but I've heard really good things about it. I would also recommend checking out VRBO.com. It's a great site and there are a number of great places for two people to stay for pretty cheap. A lot of them are owned by folks on island that have guest houses on their own property- these folks are usually super easy and pleasant to deal with. Good luck!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

check out Lavender Hill Villas - an easy walk to Cruz Bay, and not as pricy as some of the others in the same area.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: a reasonable place for a couple?

Second Lavender Hill. My wife and I are in our late 20's and have stayed there twice. It's inexpensive (relatively) and well-kept. Charlie (property manager) is also very friendly and helpful.

http://www.lavenderhill.net/