We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 30th To August 5

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
July 30th To August 5

Having become a St John addict, I have the opportunity to take my son and girlfriend at this time. I have a few questions about the island end of July/beginning of August.. What is the rain situation? What restaurants are closed? How are things at night in Cruz Bay? Is there any live music? Thanks.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: July 30th To August 5

This will be our 2nd trip during the 1st week of August and most restaurants stay open until the end of August. St John Spice website will start to list 2011 closings pretty soon but here is the link from 2010:

http://stjohnspice.com/stjohnrestaurants.htm

The Beach Bar and High Tide have live music. Just check the chalkboards when you arrive or just walk around and listen for the music!

Don't worry about the weather unless you know a hurricane is headed directly to this little island, which is rare in July/Aug. Mostly a 10 minute shower followed by lots of sunshine! Cheers and enjoy~

Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 30th To August 5

Good to know! We are headed down for our 2nd trip July 26 - Aug. 2. Last time we went in June. I'm a teacher and can only go in summer and hubby couldn't go until mid July. Can't wait!!! 1st time in a private home - on the coral bay side. 79 more days!

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
666 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 30th To August 5

We will be headed down for our 30ith plus trip( I have truly lost count) and the best weather we have ever had on any of those trips was 4 years ago in August. We will be on island August 3 to 11 and hope to have a repeat of the great times and great weather we enjoyed on our previous August trip with my sister and nephews. From the post on this board and VIOL it seems as if quite a few folks will be making the trip this summer.

4. Re: July 30th To August 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 09:17