We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel equipment for first timers

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
693 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
snorkel equipment for first timers

Hi everyone - getting ready for our trip in July so today I purchased two masks and two snorkels for myself and daughter. I am second guessing myself as I bought a semi -dry snorkel for myself but my daughter bought the dry snorkel. The lady from the dive shop told me I should be good with semi-dive especially if I do not plan to go down deep - which I doubt I will but then again this is my first time so no idea. We still have to go back anyway for my husband and son but just want to know what all you experienced snorkelers think - Thanks so much.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkel equipment for first timers

You will be just fine with semi-dry.

B.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkel equipment for first timers

I echo Booya...You'll be fine with semi dry. That's what I had when I started, and what I still use.

Good luck "going down deep!" I tried and tried at Miss Vie's beach last month, and only succeded in making a spectacle of myself.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
693 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkel equipment for first timers

Minde - I really do not think I will be going down deep. If anyone it will be our 13 year old son. Super excited for our first trip and to hopefully not look too foolish trying to snorkel

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkel equipment for first timers

The most important thing is a good fitting mask. I use a cheep-o snorkel and I can dive to 10 feet no problem and just blow it out when I surface. What you dont want is a leaky mask.

5. Re: snorkel equipment for first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2012, 05:29