We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

This will be our first time to the island but I have been doing enough research I am not concerned about a little traveling to get to the North beaches.

I am more concerned with having an amazing Villa with Pool, Hotub and an incredible view that is higher up in the mountains. I really would like one that is not constrained to one bay.

My question is..If we are fine driving 25 minutes to get to the North shore beaches are there any villas you would reco?

I have bookmarked about 20 places and am trying to decide which one and we are also going during hurricane season to secure a better value.So far we like:

* Meritage Great House

*Bongo Bongo

*Sea Biscuit

*Cara Mia

*Tequila Sunrise

*Drake's Lookout (No Hotub)

*Easy Breezes

*Mamey Peak (Not much for island views)

Please if anyone else can think of something that blows these out of the water let me know. I really want newer renos, charm, view, pool & hot tub. So many look amazing but it is a very tough choice.

Edited: 17 June 2011, 23:17
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

based on the info you've provided, this would be a good choice for you although no hottub: vivacations.com/site/…default.aspx

I hear a lot of well respected members on this board rave about this place.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Thank you STJ

It is a beautiful pool but there is no hot tub and I would prefer a higher elevation away from Cruz Bay.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Not sure why you discounted Reeef Madness, other than the hot tub. It is not near Cruz Bay at all and a beautiful villa with great attention to detail

There is no Hot tub at Cara Mia, Drakes Look out or Tequila Sunrise. Meritage is a fine villa but on the older side as is Sea Biscuit. I don't know anything about Drakes Lookout and not sure what villa you are looking at when you say Mamey Peak. That is an area on STJ, I can not find a property by that name.

You may want to check out Into the Mystic

http://www.intothemysticvi.com/

I was fortunate enough to spend some time there in May, it is an amazing villa

covington ga
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

cloud 9 on gifft hill has some of best views on island (including sunsets and stt lights), pool, hot tub, ac throughout and all on 1 level. she is older and not luxury but very comfortable, well equipped, gazebo for shade, clean and real island feel with a farily central location. stayed there 4 times (out of 13 trips)and always consider when thinking about a return trip. see her at http://cloud9villas.com/cloud-nine

happy hunting

papabou

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
498 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Sol Inclination......

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Bay Rum Breeze maybe. Looks like great views, pool and hot tub. Not sure what your budget is.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Only need a 2BR. Bay Rum Breeze does look nice but something about it just is not standing out to me. Budget between 2-3

bethesda, md
Level Contributor
407 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

We stayed at Bongo Bongo a couple years ago and loved it. Large pool, good views, great furnishings and large, comfortable outdoor living area. Also has a hot tub.

For the Coral Bay area look at Villa Tiffany. Amazing views, nice pool (smaller than Bongo Bongo) and hot tub.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

Thank you Jwwj

That is very nice. This one will certainly be under consideration. You nailed it.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stuck Between Choosing Locations..Coral/Choco/Fish

We've been coming to STJ for 20 years and have been looking as long for the perfect house for us. We've stayed all over the island aand Bay Rum Breeze is that perfect house for us. We were there for 2 weeks in May and have it booked already for next June.