Folks just an FYI on security before and during your stay.
1. Be careful about discussing which villa you will be staying at and the dates, not everybody on the forums are here to help you.
2. While on St. John be careful discussing location or villa names because if you're in Cruz bay and discussing out loud what villa your staying at somebody could go to where you are not.
3. Lock your villas. This is a policy of most if not all Villas. If somebody really wants in they will gain access but for the most part un-welcome visitors are looking for an easy target not breaking windows or kicking in doors.
4. Hide valuables. Utilize safes and make sure valuables are out of sight to not lure un-wanted attention.
5. Jeeps. If your jeep is soft sided don't bother locking it will cost you more to replace the cut top then to just not have valuables in the jeep and un-locked. Hard top your call but if they want in they will.
The reason I bring this to your attention is we had a security breach during our last visit. We had 8 people in our group and one evening one group of 4 went back to the villa and 4 stayed in town for late night drinking. Conversations were had that gave location and name of villa that we were staying. when the second group came back to the villa one of the locals at the bar was caught walking around the villa and ran when identified. This should be an eye opener to everyone. If people do not know where you are staying then your statistics decrease from having an incident.