We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Breeze Car Rental

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cool Breeze Car Rental

We just returned from our 16th yr vacationing on St John. In the early years we tried other car rental companies, but we learned over the years that Cool Breeze is the best. We never had an issue with our rental. The cars are clean, comfortable and even fun to drive. (Some with 4 wheel drive) There are several car rental companies on the island, but its the owners/employees that make the difference. Being rude or unfriendly is not their style. We can't say enough good about Cool Breeze and would highly recommend them.

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
929 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

we've used tehm for years with absolutely no complaints--they are very laid back so some might get antsy when they don't reposnd to reservation requets immediately but you can just call them and confirm.....

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We recently visited St John for the first time. We used Cool Breeze based on a recommendation from friends. The size of our party changed in the middle of our stay and the guys at Cool Breeze went above and beyond to make sure we had a car that could handle the additional people. They were able to switch us into a larger car and offered us multiple options to accommodate all of us. Everything about the rental process was handled with a smile. Thanks, Cool Breeze!

3. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 15:35
California
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Somethings a little fishy with these posts...

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
586 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I must add though nothing fishy about Cool Breeze Car Rental...we used them in June 2011 while on the island of St John and absolutely loved the service. They came and picked us up at Gallows on the first day...and allowed us to return the vehicle at an early, early morning hour! Very helpful and nice!

California
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I just meant that it was strange that the two reviews came were first time posters.

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
586 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I could not agree more Clilnt1583....I tend to be wary of any first posts, especially when the peanut gallery is made up of other "one posters"....Have a good one! Love your profile picture!

Lockport, Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Interesting...we just returned from STJ too, and I really didn't see much in the way of rental cars - Good to know that Cool Breeze even has "some 4 wheel drive" too. That might come in handy on STJ.

I get the feeling phlyingillini and jtressel haven't been on the island yet :)

Just my sarcastic opinion :)

(And Cool Breeze might very well be fantastic to rent from - I rented from another company, though.)

Fairway, Kansas
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I find the former posts to be very fishy...

I just got back from St. Lucia, where we rented a Jeep Wrangler from Cool Breeze, and I came back to find a nice little $30 extra charge from cool breeze on my card - but let's start with the "car"

The jeep was a soft top 4x4 wrangler. It was dirty when we recievedit and there were so many dings and marks on the car that the guy couldn't fit them all on his little car drawing to mark prior damages. The car leaked the whole time we were there - due to several holes in the plastic windows and lining on the doors. The top bars on the convertible top was bent and made the top almost impossible to close. The steering was incredible loose (which is a major problem on the St. Lucian roads) and the radio dials fell off whenever you touched them.

Honestly, I was willing to look past all the shortcomings with the car - I just figured people had fun with this thing and that we wold do the same. It was the poor communication and customer service that put me over the edge. First, I was told over the phone that there was free delivery - wrong, $20 charge and they left me with 1/4 tank of gas. That was OK, the guy said just return it "as is". Next, they advertise that if you rent the car for 6 days, the 7th day is free. Well, I rented the car for 6 days. However, the car was delivered to me at 9AM on a Mon, and I wished to return it at 12PM the following Monday. They wanted to charge me for those extra three hours! I couldn't believe it! So I told them I would just rent for 7 days and return it early...they told me I couldn't do that and didn't understand my logic. So, finally he said they would 'give me a deal' and let me return it 3 hrs late! Well, no one was at the counter when I tried to return it at 12PM at the airport and someone didn't arrive until 12:30 (glad we were early for our flight). Then they tried to tell me I needed to fill the car up to 1/2 a tank. I told them I returned the car in the same state as it was delivered to me, with a 1/4 tank of gas! I even showed them their own contract stating as much. The rep. told me that she understood and would talk to the person who delivered the vehicle to me.

Next thing I know, no email or phone call, just a $30 charge on my card from them. The whole time I spoke with them they were dismissive and very shady. I'm guessing since it was low season they're just looking for ways to make as much $ as possible.

I would not recommend using them to anyone.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

No offense crcoop, but yours could be considered fishy as well. You have never posted on TA but come to a STJ forum to post about an experience in St Lucia.

There will always be people that like companies and those that do not. It is not about bashing someone for the sake of it, nor is it about singing their praises and never returning to post again.

Trip Advisor is about sharing advice ina helpful and informative way. I am not sure any of the comments in this post are successful in that.