We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Would love suggestions for a good place to stay in St John May 2006. We want to keep two 21 yr old college guys busy and the parents happy as well...suggestions?? Thanks for the help!

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Generally speaking...I would find a villa close walking distance to the bars in Cruz Bay. Not that St. John is the "partying" town but there will be alot more people that age in that area, plus they will be close to the ferry if they want to find more lively nightlife in STT.

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Thanks Ibrlwyr! Would you recommend St Thomas over St John considering the 21 yr olds? If so, any suggestions where to stay? Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

I think it really depends....they are really two different islands. If you want the mega resorts with tons of activities and lots of bars/clubs, I would do STT. If that is secondary to relaxation and pristine quiet beaches I would go with St. John.

There are TONS of posts on this board about places to stay....way too many to be mentioned/repeated here. However, the Westin might be the place to go if you want a happy medium between the resorts of STT and the more common private villas of STJ.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Thanks lbrlwyr, I appreciate

the help!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

You might look into Gallows Point in Cruz Bay. http://www.gallowspointresort.com/

They are one BR condos in a smaller type resort wihtin walking distance of the shops, restaurants and bars. However, it might be cheaper to get a villa near Cruz Bay for the space.

Mentioned in this post
Gallows Point Resort
Gallows Point Resort
874 Reviews
St. John
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Just as an example, this beautiful 3B villa would be about $300 a night.

http://www.privatehomesvi.com/treetops.htm

However, it is near Coral Bay which is quieter than Cruz Bay.

Another option is to rent a 2 BR villa/condo at the Westin from an owner. The rates are more affordable than going through the resort. We are doing this for our April trip. Hopefully, we won't be disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
181 Reviews
St. John
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Thank you for your help lovethecape. I will definitely look into all of the places you have suggested.

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

We booked with Viva vacations and we are doing a villa with older teens. Sherrolyn was very helpful. We are going in March for the first time. I booked this last June and still did not get first choices, but we are excited to go. Flexibility and close to town I think they will be happy and so will we. Have fun. Being able to do breakfast and lunch on our own and then we will go out to dinner. Plus washer and dryer less to pack!!

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a place to stay to keep two 21 yr olds happy...

Sounds great chigagotraveler...thanks for the info....Have a great trip!