We are currently booked for st. thomas in November at the Marriott but are thinking of canceling and renting a house instead on St. John with another family -- some questions both families have -- there are five kids rangin in age from 6-11
- We all enjoy the beach (snorkeling, etc.)
- Love hanging out at he pool too
- don't mind eating breakfast & lunch in, but would prefer nightlife within walking distance to go out for dinner
- Do we need a car on St. John -- prefer not to get one if we don't have to
- Do we need passports if we are US citizens?
- Any recommedations of first timer/family/above areas to stay in St.John would be appreciated
- Also there are tons of rentals with photos online -- is there a better way to go about this or just trust what I see online?
- What are the prices like for food, etc. on the St. John -- pricier than other islands i.e bahamas, or the same?-
- Finally and I know I'm on the St. John site, but should we just stay in St. Thomas and do a day trip to St. John instead for ease of travel with the kids, etc.