We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Help - First time renter

Boston...
9 posts
Save Topic
Villa Help - First time renter

So originally my future husband and I planned on having a wedding in STJ. After pricing the wedding and calculating how much it would cost our guests we decided that during an economic time like this it simply wasn’t right to spend $30,000 on a wedding and burden all of our guests with an expensive trip. In lue of a wedding we’re going to elope on STJ. Right now the plan is to rent a villa for a week on STJ, then head over to Frenchmen’s Resort on Tortola for 3 nights and then 2-3 nights on JVD. The villa on STJ is the only set in stone portion of this trip and if anyone else would like to recommend a 2nd and 3rd leg of the trip we’re willing to listen to any and all ideas!

We have never rented a villa on STJ and we’re looking for suggestions. Our list of criteria is lengthy, and I doubt we’ll get everything we want and we’re ok with that. Hopefully you all can suggest a villa that fits the below list:

- November or December 2012

- Cruz Bay

- 1-2 Bedrooms (only using 1 bedroom)

- Full A/C

- great room that opens up to pool (not a pool that's down a level)

- pool & hot tub

- outdoor shower

- nice grill

- wet bar

- not buggy

- $2000-$3000 for the week

1. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 15:05
Boston...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

thanks, I'll check it out! the wet bar isn't a must, but a nice to have. We can live without it.

When I say close to Cruz Bay i would say at the most a 10-15 minute drive/

3. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 15:05
United States
Level Contributor
421 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

We love Miles Away - no hot tub though. I have heard great things about Allesandra villa too.

Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

Any thoughts on Villa Bijou in Cruz bay? A bit overbudget, but it is a special occasion.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

Your list may, and I say this gently, be a little beyond your price range. Full AC villas are hard to find as are wet bars.

We rented Splendore through Vacation Vista which had AC in the bedrooms and a fantastic pool area with a hot tub and a waterfall into the pool. It was a very nice house.

I will caution about STJ hot tubs, they often don't work.

7. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 21:35
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

First off, Congrats to u both :) We too LUV Miles Away ! will b staying there for third time next spring ! although.... it is over your listed budget for months u have listed. Good Luck on your search :)

Boston...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

Thanks Joe - It seems like Miles Away is $2750 during the offseason and it's oin VRBO so there's no broker fee. The villa looks quite nice.

10. Re: Villa Help - First time renter

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 15:20