We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday brunch

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday brunch

Does anyone have any recommendations for Sunday brunch on St. John? We are getting married and staying on St. Thomas, but wanted to venture over to St. John the day after our wedding to spend the day. Not sure if we'll be renting a car for the day (we supposedly aren't allowed to bring our rental car over from St. Thomas), so we're looking for anywhere easily accessible by taxi or walking distance from the ferry dock. Thank you!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday brunch

Caneel Bay has a great Sunday brunch--pricey, but very good. (At least, this was true a few years ago--I don't readily find any information about it on their Web site.)

It's the shortest of all the taxi rides to the North Shore, or you could walk if you felt like it, about 30-45 minutes via the Lind Point Trail.

Edited: 03 November 2011, 18:33
St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday brunch

Rhumb Lines is just a two minute walk from the ferry dock. I'm pretty sure they are still doing Sunday brunch, and it's a favorite of many. Their website is www.rhrumblinesstjohn.com I don't see brunch listed there... but you can give them a call and double check if they will have brunch the Sunday you are here. It's a neat place, nestled away in a courtyard in the middle of town, but you wouldn't even know it. You access them through Bayside Mini Mart.

Congrats!!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,968 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday brunch

If transportation becomes an issue then rent from another service on STT. The only agency which specifically disallows their vehicles to be taken to St John is Hertz. Taking your car over on the barge for a day trip is a "must do" and so much less hassle than relying on taxis on both ends. Have a great time!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday brunch

Unfortunately, we did rent from Hertz because we received the best price through AAA. I posted in another thread about renting a car for a day on St. John and we plan on calling a couple rental companies a day or two before to see if we can rent a car just for that day.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday brunch

Miss Lucy's , Coral Bay. My family was there just this past Sunday, a few days after my nephew's wedding. Check out the reviews here for more opinions. It was delicious to us!

Yes, go early.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday brunch

Caneels Sunday brunch is very good. I saw the Fatty Crab in Cruz Bay was doing a Sunday brunch too.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday brunch

I tried to pull up the menu for brunch at Fatty Crab and it said the page wasn't available, boo. Has anyone tried the brunch at Waterfront Bistro? Their brunch menu looked good as well.

NY metro
Level Contributor
566 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday brunch

Try pulling up their brunch menu in the NYC location. It may not give you an exact description, but should be able to tune you in to the restos culinary philosophy.

Mazel Tov!.

Nantucket...
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday brunch

I just looked at the Caneel website, but don't see brunch offered. Which restaurant is it in and is there a dress code?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday brunch

When I had the Caneel brunch in 2007, it was in the Beach Terrace, with casual dress.