We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

We have a group of 10 interested in a 1 day charter. Plan to see the baths and Jost. Looks like a lot of the highly rated charters only take 6 people. Anyone have a good suggestion for a boat that takes 10? We are budgeting about $1,500 + fuel surcharge. Open bar is a plus, we are fine with buying our own lunch.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,597 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Pirate's Penny or their sister boat Stormy Petral can do 10-12. Excellent Trip Advisor reviews.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

There is no fuel charge on Pirates Penny/////Stormy Petrel - it is PP + Customs + Lunch -- open bar - very professional crew - comfortable vessel - you would likely be able to charter the boat for your group alone - very popular so I suggest you contact them early.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Another rec for Pirate's Penny and Stormy Petrel. The boats are very nice and the crew is great. We just did two private charters with them on Thanksgiving week.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Another vessel that is worth looking into is Capt. Frank on www.seamorecharters.com - well kept boat and Frank is a long time local boatowner.

Alabamastan
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Also you might want to look at http://www.borntorhumb.com/ . We've used them twice and had a blast.

-Sandy

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Two words: BAD KITTY

http://www.calypsovi.com/bad-kitty.html

maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Bad kitty is a great trip but with that many people you can charter born to rhumb for the same money and set your own schedule. I highly recommend Andi and Shane the owners of born to rhumb. A legenday boat with a top notch crew! It will be a terrific day.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
234 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Thanks guys, we chose Born to Rhumb. Just wanted to make sure that the boat was in good shape and crew was nice, etc. I read so many great things about the smaller boats (Palm Tree, Lion in Da Sun, etc.), but don't see as much on these mid-sized ones. In my opinion, a boat is a boat. If we have good drinks and itenerary, who cares? Can't say the same for others in our group, luckily I'm in charge. Thanks for the feedback, I'm open to more suggestions...we may take two charters during the week.

maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

Born to rhumb is a 34' Beal lobster boat, custom built here in Maine specifically for chartering in the virgin islands. She's an awesome boat, clean as a whistle and fast. The best painkillers are made on board and the cooler is always full of beer! You will be comfortable and safe! Enjoy!

10. Re: 1 day BVI charter for 10 people - need boat suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:18