We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from JVD to St John on a Thursday

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
green bay
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from JVD to St John on a Thursday

I have been to St John over 10 times and although I love the island on my next trip I would like to spend a night on Jost. Planning on going to Jost Wednesday Jan 11 and returning to St John Thursday Jan 12th. According to the ferry schedule, there isn't direct ferry service between STJ and JVD on Thursdays... I looked at connecting through Tortolla, although an option it appears you would have to have a several hour "lay over" which isn't appealing. Water Taxi prices seem pricey for a 30 min max boat ride. Any suggestions? Any locals want to take us for less $ than advertised by water taxis? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Seaside
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from JVD to St John on a Thursday

We did the same. The lay over in Tortola can be fun. Walk around the shops, enjoy the island breeze, have lunch and many drinks at Pussers!

green bay
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from JVD to St John on a Thursday

Good to know the layover can be fun. As long as there is drinks to be had at Pussers we should be in good shape :) But that will cut into happy hour at Woodys so prefer the straight shot, lol

3. Re: Getting from JVD to St John on a Thursday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2013, 10:18