We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

Starting to plan the important little details for our upcoming trip!

I just reserved Rachel Brown for our taxi ride to Red Hook upon arrival. What a sweet lady!

To those that have used her services: Will she leave the airport immediately? She said she has a larger vehicle. I assume she only transfers people who reserved her previously, like I did. ?

If she does whisk us off to Red Hook pretty quickly, is there even a chance we'll make the 4pm ferry?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

Rachel will transport only those who have reserved her, and she will take any short cut possible (and she seems to know them all) to get you to the ferry ASAP. I can not say enough wonderful things about Rachel, she is just simply a wonderful person.

If your flight is not late, you don't have to wait for your luggage and traffic cooperates, I would say there is a chance you might make the 4 pm ferry...though with our last trip, we pulled up to the ferry dock as the ferry was pulling away.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
374 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

Hi Jody, I just got back Tuesday and used Rachel both ways...She'll be there waiting with hugs...she only brings one party at a time. Our flight was badly delayed and we were very anxious to get the 4:00 Ferry...I don't think we got in the car until 3:30 and we made it (without being terrified)...

She will leave the airport as quickly as possible...the biggest potential delay is going to be your luggage. Ours came off immediately so we got in and left (and we were 7 people with carryons and two checked bags).

She was also great about telling us "it's not over 'til it's over" because the ferry often leaves late.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,542 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

All depends on your luggage and traffic.

B.

northern nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

Carry on luggage saves lots of time if you want to try and make the ferry. We do it every year and are in Rachel's van within 5 minutes of getting off the plane.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

We used Rachel for our first trip this past July - she is great. If you do not make the ferry no worries as they have a small bar area. Sit back, relax and have a drink. Have fun!

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

Does Rachel also bring folks to the downtown ferry if that timing works out better and we wanted a longer boat ride and shorter time in the car?

7. Re: 3:08 arrival, Rachel Brown, and 4pm ferry!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:24