We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

Chicago
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

My husband and I booked Gibney Beach House from May 19 thru May 28. To be blunt, he has asked for a Divorce and there is no way I can go without him as I think I'd be a mess the whole time. Please, please if anyone is interested staying at the beach house during this time please contact me!

Email both addresses: bwright@sharedmarketing.com

and bridgetbilly@comcast.net

or call my cell (773) 910-2700

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help!

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

I'm SO sorry for what you're having to deal with right now...my heart goes out to you. Have you talked to the villa mgmt company and explained your situation? If they're able to re-rent it for that week maybe they would be willing to work with you on your deposit that you've put down. I'd like to tell you to go, have a great time and forget about everything but I've been in your situation with a trip planned (and this was just a weekend trip 3 hours away). I went anyway but I was miserable and came home early.

If you haven't already done so post on the vinow.com and usvi-on-line.com boards and maybe you can get further advice.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
298 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

I too am sorry to hear about your situation. I live in florida and am coming to St John for my 32nd bday May 20-27. If you can get out of your rental, you're welcome to hang with me and my girlfriends. It's a NO guys trip so we can just veg. I hear St John is magical. If your situation does not improve, you may need this trip to keep your sanity!

Let me know if you have any interest ok?

Chicago
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

Thanks for your support! Financially it is impossible for me to go with a friend or otherwise as I am now relocating and need funds to look for a new job and home. Hopefully, someone will book. :-)

pittsburgh,pa
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

So sorry to hear of your situation. Hopefully things will work out for you, if not I maybe intersted can you tell me the price etc. thanks mrallis814@aol.com

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

First of all, this all really stinks. I wish you strength in the days to come.

I wish I could help more, but all I can do is print this off and give it to Terri Gibney (who is a friend of mine). I don't know what she will be able to do but I want her to know what you are going through and that you are making a real effort to not leave her with an unrented cottage.

Good luck to you.

Chicago
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

STJ Julie, Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and efforts. This whole thing was shocking. My husband and I have been going to STJ together for 5 years. This may sound like a sad country song but he's turning 40 and found a younger girlfriend leaving me with the bills. Never thought it would happen to me! My only wish after this is over is that I can go back to ST.John and create new memories with new friends. AND if I every re-marry I'll do it it from of the Gibney cottage!

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

I'm so glad to hear that you aren't going to let your ex ruin St. John for you. I'd like to tell you about a true St. John story. A woman that I knew through her partner of 14 years used to come to St. John once a year or so. They had decided to part after 14 years and we took that opportunity to offer her a job at our store. She was going through a hard time, as anyone who is going through a break up. She had come down to St. John with two other girlfriends and had a wonderful time! She decided to sign a one year contract with us and kind of take a break from everything. She has been here for three years now and is happier than I've ever know her to be.

I myself came down six and a half years ago after a bad split. I sold everything I had, bought a round trip ticket, and hoped for the best.

St. John is a wonderful place to share with friends and maybe your next trip should be with a few girlfriends and you can really have some fun!

I gave the post to Terri yesterday. I hope that everything works out for you.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

Just bumping this up. This place looks great. Hope this helps.

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

Just bumping this for Bridget...she was "lashed" out at on another travel board for continuing to bring this to the top. :(

Jeanne

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
248 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Rented Gibney Beach in May & Can't Go Anyone...

Here's a thought... As the time gets closer, why not think of posting on e-bay? Hope it won't get to this. Surely, there are many looking for a villa at that time.