We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Can I post before I go? Yes, I can. First thanks to all on this forum...isn't it great? I have not been to St. John yet... hubby and I on our way in less than 2 weeks!. Woo hoo! I've rented a Jeep, villa, know all the best snorkeling beaches, restaurants, bars, donkeys, painkillers, cruise schedule, you name it. Freezing rain here tonight...looking forward to Drink Left Drive Right :) GLW

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Have a great trip. Check your drink-drive orientation carefully, though.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Yep, just joking...I don't plan to drive at any time, just yell at my husband from the passenger side...

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

I figured you were kidding, but as I read it, you've got the formula exactly backwards.

Pleasant Valley...
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Hello, You are going to love your first time there. Last year was our first time and we loved it so much that we are comming back in 10 days and we have 2013 booked already. Can never have too much of a good thing.

Enjoy your trip....Al

Illinois
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

ENJOY!

So good to have a Winter break & have it on the gem of the Caribbean that is St John. Icing on the cake!

Please write a trip report upon your return to let all on the forum in on your first impressions : )

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

where are you staying?

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Found a one bedroom condo with an awesome view. $200 a night, waited to the last minute, looked at the empty spaces on the calendar and made an offer. Home away.com # 187441.

philly
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

Any chance you would post the outcome of your research? I know its been covered many times..but I'd love to see your short lists on these:

know all the best snorkeling beaches, restaurants, bars, donkeys, painkillers, cruise schedule,

New York
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

I leave on Sunday and would also be interested in seeing your lists.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From GLW. First post for my 1st vacation in St. John.

I plan to not have a plan and let the days take me. I am not going to miss Waterlemon Cay, Trunk (on off cruise days),Salt Pond or Maho. I also want to park, snorkel and see the grounds of Canteel Bay, have cocktails there and save receipt for free parking. Sam & Jacks Deli to pack my cooler for lunches. Ocean Grill for lunch or dinner, will order desert there for sure. Donkey Diner one morning for breakfast. Sunday Brunch at Miss Lucy's. Beach Bar & Painkillers at happy hour x's many. Full moon party on the east side of the island on the 3rd of Feb., can't remember where?? someone help me here.. Don't park at Mongoose Junction unless you are really going there, yikes $$$. Will buy lots of local rum for the condo. deck time. Rent a Jeep, my husband resisted this at first. Not going on any "field trips" to other islands this time, figure I have enough to see on St. John. Amazon just delivered the book: Feet, Fins and 4 wheel Drive to my house yesterday. I feel well equipped (my personal take) to visit St. John... hours on this forum, extremely informative. Throw out your Fodors and enjoy all the posts from people that have actually been there! Remember I haven't been there yet. :) GLW