We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Okay... some may say nothing is perfect. :) I say perfection is in the eye of the beholder!

So, what is your idea of the perfect last vacation day on St. John? Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Spending the day at Gibney Beach reading and relaxing (get there early to park). After cleaning up at the villa go down to Aqua Bistro for dinner. Heaven.

NH
Level Contributor
848 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

My last day always includes time at Maho and a drive along the northshore.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Breakfast at the villa, sandwiches from Deli Grotto, Maho. Dinner and drinks out, night cap on the deck staring at the stars

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Be out at Miss Vie's about 10am and set up. Lay around, enjoy the beach, snorkel a bit, then go eat when the food's ready. Eat ALOT, cause you won't have access to her beans and rice or conch fritters for a long, looooong time.

Get coconut tart too, cause you deserve it, and mango icecream on top of it, if she has it. Savor it........

Back to the beach for a little while, then back to the villa to shower.

Then we'd hit up Candi's Ribs for a fabulous send off. Before going back to the villa, I'd go to Deli Grotto and buy 6 coconur crack bars and put them in the freezer (in a ziplock, of course). Make sure they make it back into the luggage the next day. They taste AMAZING when you're suffering from re-entry!

New Hammpshire
Level Contributor
413 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Diana2, are you going to be on-island in early July? I would like to meet you; your last day is just like ours!

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Sorry, skillians, I'll just miss you. Our last day is June 28th.

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Our last full day is always the same. A nice breakfast and then a relaxing day at Cinnamon. Then a walk into town for a nice dinner followed by a relaxing evening hanging out at the pool area at Gallows Point.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Meet with your Realtor (me) and put in the offer on the house/condo/land that you fell in love with and just have to have :) :) :)

Pia

Boston
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Drink as many painkillers as you can hold then cry all the way back to STT when you are on the Ferry. Better yet, hope for a sudden hurricane or some other disaster than prevents your plane from taking you "home" then celebrate that you "have to" stay. Hasn't happened to me yet but there's always the next trip.

54b
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
586 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The perfect last vacation day on St. John?

Hard to go wrong on St. John...but here's a little inspiration for your last full day...

"Once more unto the beach, dear friends, once more..."

…wordpress.com/2009/…