We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta ticket price jump?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Roseville, MN
Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Delta ticket price jump?

Anyone know why Delta's ticket price from jumped $300 per person this weekend for a late May trip? Any word if they might go back down?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

I don't know if it is true but I have heard that prices can be higher on the weekend since more people might have the time to shop or book a trip- try on a Tuesday or a Monday and see if the price is the same as you saw this weekend.

Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
885 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

Oil prices just went up, as well! Ticket prices are outrageous! Almost everywhere!

Boston
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

They also go up once a certain number of cheaper seats are sold. Look at the seat map for the flight you want. If it is fairly well booked the prices may not come down. It is also true that they are cheaper mid-week.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

I agree, purchased our tickets a few months ago 676 from Oklahoma city to stt but this week it went up 150 bucks on delta. Book early for true savings.

Oviedo, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

I started checking prices in late January for May trip and noticed a jump recently. Then I found out that they now have to include taxes and fees in the price quote. From the New York Times: "Beginning Jan. 24, the Transportation Department will enforce a rule requiring that any advertised price for air travel include all government taxes and fees." When I added in taxes, I realized that I wasn't really seeing a price jump, just the inclusion of the taxes.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

Well, it stinks, but it is the best money you will ever spend!

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

Well, it stinks, but it is the best money you will ever spend!

8. Re: Delta ticket price jump?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 10:19