We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa de Sonadores

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa de Sonadores

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Casa de Sonadores of Virgin Grand Estates more recently then the last post from a year ago with reviews from 2010.

michigan
Level Contributor
313 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa de Sonadores

I haven't stayed there, but drove by every time we left our villa at Virgin Grand Estates. The only comment I can make is that I wonder about the noise/privacy since it is right at the entrance next to the electronic gate - and so is the pool. Maybe it isn't bad, but its also by Gifft Hill Road, so maybe someone in the know can address it, but we wondered about it every time we drove by on our way out.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 02:26
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa de Sonadores

I stayed there in 2010. Do you have any specific questions/concerns?

The location at the entrance didn't bother us as we had a large group, we were noisy enough chattering with each other that we didn't notice the traffic. I think the gate was open during daylight hours.

Bedford...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa de Sonadores

No specific concerns. It looks beautiful. I'm not too concerned about traffic noise. It's not like it is next to a freeway. Just wondering if there were any quirks that you can't tell from the pictures.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa de Sonadores

It is beautiful.

The bedrooms are basically equal. I think one might only have an indoor shower while the others have indoor AND outdoor showers. Really nice linens and towels.

The hot tub (which we didn't use) is located off of the second floor hallway, sort of an odd spot but it is private.

The movie/game area is in the basement, a windowless room that was musty and damp during our visit. The greeter was rather forceful in her instructions to only run the AC down there when we were actually in the room. No problem as we had no desire to spend time in a basement while on STJ.

Keep in mind it was a new-ish house when we were there but the kitchen stuff was lacking. The pots and pans were nice but the glassess, mugs, etc. were hodge-podge, old and rather cr@ppy. For example, there were no bowls, only plates, the mugs were straight out of a greasy spoon, those ombre brown hourglass shape things, none of the glasses matched and there wasn't enough for the group. It was like they took all the odds and ends from someone's basement to outfit the kitchen.

It might sound like something petty to complain about but in a house of that level, I expected better. Not a deal breaker but I would ask if those things had been replaced. Otherwise, the kitchen was beautiful with a huge fridge and tons of space. We had 8 adults and a child and it never felt crowded.

Also, plenty of parking with enough room to move three vehicles around.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 23:52
Bedford...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa de Sonadores

Thanks cleobeach1. I'll keep that in mind. Let's hope they have been replaced.

Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa de Sonadores

We stayed there in Nov 2011. It is a really nice villa - AC worked fine, I do think all rooms except 1 had outdoor shower. Lots of towels, and beach towels. Washer/dryer was great to have. I will agree about the dishes - not very many, no cereal bowls - that would be my only complaint. Very beautiful villa!! Would love to stay again. All rooms had king size beds - lots of space.

Bedford...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa de Sonadores

Thanks mmbeach. Great to hear a recent review. Too bad about the dishes. I would expect better at such a nice place. Love the idea of the outside showers! Are the beds comfy? The mattresses look a little thin and lumpy or is that just the comforters?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa de Sonadores

We stayed there in November 2009. The cars coming and going were no problem. People walking past can see the pool area. The beds were very comfortable and we really enjoyed the place. The downstairs game room is a bit of an after thought and we did not use it.

Cheers, RickG

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa de Sonadores

The beds were very nice, as were the linens, definately better than the typical rental. I think there was a very thick memory foam topper on top the regular mattress.

Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa de Sonadores

the beds were very comfy. We didn't really notice much road noise. Super nice villa - just needs to add more dishes... lots of chairs to take to beach.