We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One stop shopping on the way to the ferry

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One stop shopping on the way to the ferry

We’ll be flying into STT en-route to STJ later in the year. To avoid a checked bag we won’t be bringing any sunscreen. I’m looking for a one stop shop that hopefully Rachel will be willing to stop at on the way to the ferry in which I can pick up the following.

Sunscreen

The ingredients for rum punch (suggestions welcome)

Beer

Cereal/Snacks

Pretty much the essesntials. I assume it’s much cheaper to pick these items up in STT, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One stop shopping on the way to the ferry

It might be a little cheaper since you are avoiding the checked bag, however, these items will be more expensive there. Before we go we get our sunscreen at Walmart or Target for $3-$6 each for the same stuff that would be $9-12 there. Snacks are more expensive, too...but again you saved the bag fee. You will definitely save $$$ on alcohol (not beer, though) but the mixers are very pricey.

Cost-U-Less, K-Mart, ort Food Center will be on the way to the ferry depending which route you take. Any of these will have pretty much everything you need. I say do what is easiest for you to get to your destination, relax, and have a beverage!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One stop shopping on the way to the ferry

You can get it all on STJ easily. If you get to the Ferry and have 15 minutes, just run across the street to Marina Market, if not just grap it all on STJ.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One stop shopping on the way to the ferry

Plaza Extra on STT would be an easy one stop shop.

4. Re: One stop shopping on the way to the ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:41