We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Island Trip Report

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
On Island Trip Report

Got here on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday were perfect days. Yesterday was cloudy with the lightest of showers now and then. Today looks nice. No bugs, no high surf, beaches are packed at Maho and Francis with everyone looking for the Manta. Visability has been down with a lot of plankton in the water which is why the Manta likes it so much. Going out to Vie's and skinny legs for lunch. Going fishing Tuesday with a guy Rich at the Lime Inn hooked me up with. He sounds real cool. He said if the fish are not there, we can go do some snorkeling. More like fun fishing (going with my 8 y/o son) than a serious commercial type trip. He said the Mahi and black f'in tuna are all over. He is very affordable as well.

Virginia Beach...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: On Island Trip Report

I'd like to hear your fishing report and charter details after u go! Thanks!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On Island Trip Report

Hopefully if you are paying any money for the trip the Captain will have a current USCG license.

3. Re: On Island Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2012, 23:35
maine
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On Island Trip Report

I'd be interested in hearing about the fishing charter too assuming he's licensed. Hope you have a great trip!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On Island Trip Report

Heavy shower moved through at 6 am. Looks partly cloudy and we are ready to get going to ...

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On Island Trip Report

Francis Bay! Saturday is typically moving day, people leaving or people coming. So there were 5 cars in the lot when we got there at 9: 45. Excellent day of fun in the sun. plenty of turtles on the right, pelicans dive bombing the baitfish, and even a nap in the shade. my son just keeps saying awesome and sick. We had. Late lunch at Skinny Legs and going to Cruz Bay for dinner.

7. Re: On Island Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:15