We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st. john car rental

webster,ny
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
st. john car rental

have any of you rented from st. john car rental? i will be on st john during high season and would need in town parking . according to them they have room for 60 cars if the lot is empty. i usually rent from penns because they always have room to park . this year i will need a bigger car and penns only rents 5 pass. any one ? thanks!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,861 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st. john car rental

60 cars????? They do not have 60 cars in their fleet.

I only rent from STJ car rental but there is no way that they can park 60 cars in that lot. 16 maybe?

MA
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: st. john car rental

I've rented from them several times and have no complaints, though I don't believe their lot can hold anywhere near 60 cars. We usually park in Sliman's lot, about 1/2 block away and very convenient to everything. Cost is $10 during the day, $15 at night.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
338 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st. john car rental

We rented from them in February and parked in their lot every night while at dinner. But I agree with the others; maybe room for 16, no way 60!

webster,ny
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: st. john car rental

so does that mean they usually dont have space at night?

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: st. john car rental

Our experience is kind of hit and miss with availability of parking at night at St. John Car Rental. We've rented from them for years and recommend them without hesitation.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: st. john car rental

6 yes, 16 possibly, 60 no way :)

Pia

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: st. john car rental

Just rented a seven passenger from St John Rental last week. Car was OK, not great, and parking was hit-or-miss in their lot in the evening. Quality of the cars was been better when I rented from O'Connors on past visits and they are about $120/wk cheaper according to the web site rates. BUT, no in town parking. I only went with St John this trip because the villa company booked for me.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: st. john car rental

We rented from Varlock. Older cars but we were able to park in front of their office anytime when needed. We always seemed to find a spot at night when going out to dinner. Very nice people at Varlock!

Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: st. john car rental

Always rent from St John Car Rental. The few times we do come back to Cruz Bay for dinner we park in their lot. No way that lot holds 60 cars.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: st. john car rental

We always rent from STJ Car Rental and in our experience, evening parking can be hit or miss and we use Slimman's as our back-up.