We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

westin st john beachfront vs one bedrooom "suite"

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma
7 posts
Save Topic
westin st john beachfront vs one bedrooom "suite"

We ill be going to STJ for the first time (yeah!) in August. It will be my husband and I, and our 15 year old son. We have been offered either connecting "beachfront" rooms or a one bedroom "suite" (not a villa). I think the suite is in either building #23 or #27. Does anyone have any recommendations about which to choose? I hear that some of the rooms have been updated (ie:plasma TV), others have not be updated.

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: westin st john beachfront vs one bedrooom "suite"

Beachfront is definately the way to go the suite is nowhere near the beach or pool and is up the hill from the water. The beach is man made at the Westin so don't forget to rent a jeep to explore the Islands natural beauty and the awesome beaches.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: westin st john beachfront vs one bedrooom "suite"

I'd also go with the beachfront connecting rooms- even if it's not the greatest beach, it's still great to be right on one!

Sounds like it will also give you a little more privacy with having two distinct rooms. I have found that one bedroom suites usually just have a pull out in the LR- not sure if the Westin does it differently, but I'd check.

oklahoma
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: westin st john beachfront vs one bedrooom "suite"

The Westin told me that the living room is just a pull out. I'm thinking that the more expensive beachfront may be the way to go.