We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

Weston, Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

I am trying to decide between Casa Bueno, Miles Away or Villa Tiffany. We are 2 couples traveling together for a getaway. Please provide any advice you may have on any and all of these villas, such as location, drive to villa, the pool and deck area, the inside set up of the villa and the bathrooms. And the overall general appearance of the inside and grounds of the villa. Send all pros and cons. Thanks!

Ballston Spa, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

We just returned from a week at Villa Tiffany. The Villa is amazing the views are unmatched. Top notch in every way, indoors in the main house is like new very comfotable . The bedroom in the main house has an outside shower that is fabulous and the bed is awesome and has A/C. Outside furniture is also like new and amazing .The pool is beautiful as well as the spa. The veranda is very nice for outdoor cooking and eating . The second bedroom is in a seperate pod directly across for the pool and also has an outdoor shower and A/C. The only thing is no tv in second bedroom but that did not bother us. The drive up to the villa is paved at first then a bumpy ride for about 100 yards then paved again to the villa . It is fairly steep but no problem, I did not need to put the jeep in 4 wheel drive ,I just put it in low gear. There is honestly no negatives . The Villa is in Coral Bay ,The quieter and more peaceful part of the Island. Very easy drive to any other part of the Island and beaches.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 22:43
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
501 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

Oh my gosh..you have chosen three really great villas. I LOVE the view from Villa Tiffany, the outdoor showers and the hot tub, so that would be my choice (as long as you are ok with being in Coral Bay) I have looked at all three very closely, but don't have 1st hand experience with any of them. It's a tough choice, but I know any of them would be fabulous!

Weston, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

Thanks so much for the awesome post. Just one quick question was there ever an issue with the hot water in the showers especially at night, not sure with the house being solar powered? Thanks!

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
86 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

Of the 3 I have only stayed at Miles Away. Very nice. It is a beautifully decorated home. Lots of consistent attention by the owners. By the way, they are lovely people. The villa isn't huge, but perfectly suited for 2 couples. The bedrooms are quite large, both with large indoor bathrooms. Both bedrooms have walk-in closets. The bedrooms are separated by the living room/kitchen/dining room. One bedroom is accessed from the living area. The other bedroom is a 10 foot walk outside. The round outdoor dining table is right outside the kitchen, so setting up for dinner is quick. We never ate one meal indoors!! The kitchen supplies are plentiful, new, attractive. In fact, all furnishings/bedding are very nice and clean. We used the washer/dryer a few times. The AC is awesome for sleeping. I liked the opportunity to turn on CNN on the cable TV in my bed while getting ready for dinner each night. Both bedrooms have TVs. The pool is sufficient. We were there in summer. The pool water was nice and warm...warm enough to swim at night. The only thing 'different' was the placement of the grill, it was in the front of the house. The drive there was pretty quick. Paved road the whole time. One pretty tricky switch-back though!

I would return to Miles Away if I had the chance:)

South Florida...
Level Contributor
568 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

Hi Travelgirl ~ I haven't stayed in any of the three villas so I can't discuss the actual villas but am familiar with the locations of all three and thought I'd provide our experiences. We personally prefer the east side of the Island (Coral Bay). We've stayed in a variety of villas in different parts of the Island and we've come to love the Coral bay area. I'd be concerned that Villa Tiffany is a bit farther and more difficult to get to than Casa Bueno. It looks like you have to go through Coral Bay and up the eastern slope of Bordeaux Mountain to get to Villa Tiffany. I believe you get to Casa Bueno just off Centerline Rd. Much more centrally located to everything on the island.

Miles Away looks lovely but its to the south side of Cruz Bay on Rendezvous Bay. We've stayed out this way twice. Once in a villa on Fish Bay and the second above Chocolate Hole. While the areas are lovely, we just found it a pain to have to go through Cruz Bay to get to beaches on the north shore. There was a lot of construction in the area during our second stay in this area. Once we headed east to stay in the Coral Bay area, we will likely never go back to the west side of the island for a villa rental.

Whatever you decide, be sure to ask about construction in whatever area you select.

Good luck!

Ballston Spa, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

No problem with hot water. The villa is on the grid now and solar is used as a backup and to run the pool filter. The Villa is located about 1 mile from route 10 ,not far at all 4 mins to Aqua Bistro or Shipwrecks and about 6 mins to Skinny legs .

covington ga
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

we stayed at casa b when she 1st went on rental market summer 2009 and are currently at summerwind directly below cb. 2 great villas, great locations (views & easy access to north shore beaches and coral bay). we are in a ford fusion this trip (budget didn't have reserved jeep at arrival) and we'd have no problem getting to cb & from there to north shore beaches & coral bay. only draw backs to cb we noted (our group av age 68) is lots of steps up to main level of villa and due to varied sleeping habits bedrooms opening to greatroom/kitchen was minor inconvenience. would have gone back to cb if had been available for this trip though mighty happy at summerwind which also has a bunch of steps! oh well.

never stayed at other 2 villas but know locations not nearly as convenient to beaches we like. doubt we could have gotten to tiffany in a car. good luck with your decision.

papabou

Weston, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

Thanks so much! Wanted to know since entire home is on grid do the living areas have a/c or is it just in the bedrooms. And if it is just in the bedrooms, were the living areas and kitchen hot? or ok with sliders open. Please advise and thanks for all your advice.

Ballston Spa, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

a/c only in bedrooms.The living areas were fine , nice breeze night and day . There are 3 sliders in the living area. 1Towards the pool and 2 along the covered deck. My wife insisted on closing everything up when we left and when we returned and opened all the sliders in minutes it was fine inside . The decks were so comfortable and offered suck amazing views we spend little time inside . Also no problem with biting insects at all.

Weston, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying to decide between 3 villas any comments will help

You are awesome! One more question...about drive to and from villa. Please let me know your honest opinion on the drive and steepness of hills....and what about driving at night back to villa from town. Also the location of the villa with traveling to other parts of the island, did it take a long time to go to north shore beaches and or cruz bay? We are from Florida and everything is flat driving here. Have a great day!