We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

I have such a blessed opportunity to choose between these two villas for my upcoming vacation. No complaints here! I am a first-timer on St. John, so I would so appreciate plenty of direction.

Scenario: My two kids (13 & 9), my young mom and myself are traveling in early June. I have searched the forums, but I haven't found anything on Azul Peter Bay, as it is new to the market. I've read great reviews about Mill Ridge.

Obviously Azul Peter Bay is more expensive (~$1k), but I would like to know your thoughts about the location of these villas. You know, you always hear, "location, location, location..." Is it worth the extra $1k to stay on upper Peter Bay? Is Coral Bay, maybe, a little more fun?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

I've stayed at Mill Ridge (loved it!), but never on Peter Bay. I guess some of the "location, location, location" equation concerns what you plan to do with your time on island.

I would guess that you're paying for the north shore views and/or proximity at Peter Bay, but we found the Coral Bay view and fairly central location of MR to our liking. There are a lot of places at the villa to spread out and there are a lot of little things that they did well when they built it (the owners buit it and used to live there).

Sorry that I can't provide any more info on Azul or staying in the Peter Bay area in general.

Have a great trip!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

We love the North Shore locations because the beach is our #1 STJ activity and any time spent driving to the beaches is a "waste" of time for me :)

We have stayed in three different North Shore locations, including Peter Bay, seven times and it is still my first choice. We like the proximity to Cruz Bay because we go out to eat every night. Not that driving from further locations is that much of a hardship....We stayed not too far from Mill Ridge in February and it was an easy drive into Coral Bay for dinner, we just prefer heading to Cruz Bay for the evenings because we like to walk around, shop, etc.

One thing I will say about Peter Bay is that the beach access was a bit of a disappointment. There isn't any place to park (we were told not to park along the road even though we were renting in Lower Pete Bay) and the path to the beach is rocky, muddy and generally rustic. I only mention this because if the beach access is factoring into your choice, we found it easy to just visit the other NS beaches.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

Did you decide on your trip last June? We are trying to make a decision with Azul Peter Bay villa too. Any update you can provide would be great.

Level Contributor
306 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

Peter Bay all the way!!!

5. Re: Azul Peter Bay Villa vs. Mill Ridge Villa... please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 05:15