We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In door Restaurant with AC

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
In door Restaurant with AC

In our past travels to St. John in July we sometimes want to take a break from the heat and humidity....can remember any indoor airconditioned restaurants???

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Happy Fish - Sushi & Martini Bar (stuff for non sushi lovers too) and maybe Cactus On The Blue (mexican)

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

The Tap Room bar area

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Deli Grotto

Norristown...
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

If I remember correctly, Cafe Roma has AC.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Cactus on the Blue closed down but reopened as a steak house (we will see how that goes) but don't think they have a/c. Happy Fish also closed down but reopened last week (only have heard one comment about the food - bad but we will give them a chance) so don't know if the new owners are keeping it with a/c or not.

Cafe Roma is the only one that comes to mind with a/c - La Plancha did but I'm not sure if they still a/c or not (I was told no)

Hope this helps

Pia

Boston...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Tap Room. Great place, great beer(on tap) , great food.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Pia,

WOW, things sure change fast! Have you eaten at High Tides or Spyglass recently. I know both have changed hands since we ate at either (2 years ago). Spyglass was excellent. High Tide was terrible. Have read High Tides is good now??? and haven't heard anything about Spyglass.

On our list for sure is:

Candi's

Aqua Bistro

Ocean Grille

Banana Deck

Beach Bar

I want to try Woody's this trip. Believe it or not, we have never been there in our many trips over the years.

Where do you recommend that may be new or that maybe we haven't tried in a few years?

Thanks! 4 days to go!!!!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Ocean Grill!?

The good restaurant at the Westin..... Cruz Prime

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

Not too many places that are all closed in with A/C. I've been to Zero Sushi (old Happy Fish) twice. The food was excellent both times I went. Service was also very good, although, with sushi made to order, things are a little slower. I was very impressed with the food that was coming out of the kitchen as well. Happy Fish used to be really really cold inside. Zero is leaving the side door open and it makes it a little more comfortable for those of us who have thin blood :)

High Tide has new owners and a new menu, so they should be worth another shot. They are much busier now than they have been. I really like their ice burg salad for lunch.

10. Re: In door Restaurant with AC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:16