We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow House near Coral Bay?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
90 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow House near Coral Bay?

We've stayed in villas and campgrounds, but this time we are considering VRBO listing 86470, "The Yellow House" cottage near Salt Pond. Anyone stayed there recently? We are happy with the location, price, distance from Coral and Cruz Bay, etc. We will rent a 4WD and know our way around.

Thanks!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
647 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

Here's the link.

http://www.vrbo.com/86470

There's only 4 reviews on VRBO so it's good you're asking on TA.

Edited: 08 May 2012, 17:16
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

These are just observations from looking at the listing, I have no knowledge of the house.

After looking at pictures I would be worried about the condition of the appliances and furnishings, they look worn to me.

I also noticed in the reviews that there is an onsite manager, that is a no go for me.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
90 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

Thanks for posting link - helpful!

Is having someone living below you a total "no go"? Experiences?

Edited: 08 May 2012, 18:51
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
647 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

We stayed at Sailview 2 times and loved having the owners, Eileen & Mike nearby. Of course, they are very special people. In our experience, they were never intrusive, and frequently so helpful and fun.

We considered renting at Lunazul where the owners live in a caretakers cottage on grounds. To us, it's a plus because it's like being taken care of!

I can completely understand if it's a "no go" for others. Depends on what you would like, and also who the owners/caretakers are.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

I like to have privacay on vacation. Not that I am doing anything crazy but I would always worry about disturbing them.

We are early risers and I would be concerned that I would wake them and I really do not want to spend my vacation tip-toeing around.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

Personally, I would never book a place where the owners or even other tenants were on site. Privacy is absolutely a crucial part of my vacation particularly when I want to dance in my underwear.

7. Re: Yellow House near Coral Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:17