We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I forgetting anything?

Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Am I forgetting anything?

We leave on Saturday for our first visit to STJ! We will be there for 12 days total and I just wanted to get some expert opinions...Have I forgotten anything?

-Airfare, villa, jeep - all confirmed

-Transfer to Red Hook with Rachel booked

-Reservations made at Zozo's (sunset at the bar), La Tapa, Fatty Crab, and Lime Inn

-Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive & St. John off the Beaten Path - read cover to cover and packed in carry on

-Reservation made on Kekoa for a day exploring BVI

-Dinghy rental confirmed for 1 full day

We were planning on playing everything else by ear. I'd like to go to Woody's, Vie's, Donkey Diner, Tourist Trap, Banana Deck, Rhumb Lines - but not sure if we'll make it to all of them, so we haven't made reservations yet.

Thank you for all of your help and advice!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

12 days? Good for you!

We always take our own soft-sided cooler because I am never satisfied with the villa coolers.

Print off the PDF versions of the Tradewinds for additional plane reading.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

Skinny legs....and I'm jealous!

Enjoy yourself.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

Maybe pickup a couple floating air mattresses at a Target or sporting goods store. You'll be glad you did~ And a king sized sheet for a beach blanket. And a cooler if where you're staying doesn't offer them for cold beverages at the beach.

Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

Thank you all for your responses. I'll add soft sided cooler and sheet to the list of last minute packing items. I do have an air mattresses packed already.

Skinny Legs for cheeseburgers! How could I forget!?!?! Thank you!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

Scan or photograph your identification (driver's license/passport), and medical insurance info, and store it somewhere securely online. I email to myself. That's probably not secure, but it makes me feel better, just in case.

Make a last minute list of things to check for, like phone chargers, medicines, etc. I've always taken, and always used, some ibuprofen and bandaids.

Have fun and be sure to come back and tell us about it!

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

If you like to go sailing book a sail with tribal I really enjoyed it. www.tribalvi.com I am sure they do trips from st John to. If you like sushi happy fish is great to

Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

mindehankins - That's a great idea! That would probably save a huge amount of hassle if anything was lost. Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

Call your credit card company and cell phone carrier and make them aware of your plans, otherwise when you go to use the cell you could have a problem and same with credit card you plan to use.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

Not my idea, but happy to pass it along. Jumping off of New Jersey Surf, call your bank as well, so your debit card doesn't get locked. Ours was locked on our first trip. It only took a phone call to unlock it, but it was a pain.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I forgetting anything?

We only ever had a very vague plan for the day, then would change it on a whim. We've never made reservations. We just show up and if we have to wait longer than we want, we go somewhere else. We put our watches away and don't carry our phones. If I had a reservation for dinner tonight, throughout the day I'd have to pay attention to time and we like to operate on Island Time rather than Clock Time on vacation.

Everybody should have a flashlight, a water bottle and sunscreen.