We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

Hello,

I am planning my 30th birthday with 5-6 of my best gf's in St. John and am having a hard time deciding on a villa. If anyone has stayed at can you please let me know your thoughts on size,location,AC function and pool/view. I want to pick a great place for my ladies and I to celebrate a milestone birthday. Any help would be great! Pictures would be great as well!

Acro Iris

still Waters

belvedere

hale lani

Mar de Amores

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

I like Hale Lani of your choices and this is why: it has the most beds (3 kings and 2 twins), sleeping 5-6 the most comfortably, IMHO!!!! It also has 3.5 bathrooms which is important with 6 ladies! It is very close to town and has a great view which I think helps to make a villa. It has a great big pool and sunset views. The only negative is that the bedrooms are not all equal and two share a bathroom....maybe they pay a little less???? You as the planner and b-day girl, should get a master!!!!

I have no inside knowledge of any of the villas but am familiar with most through this forum.

Keep us posted!

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

PS...my second favorite is Belvedere.....has a hot tub, but only queen beds..close to town.

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

Thank you so much! The Belvedere is a little less expensive and I love the deck area and the openness of the space. I did like the idea of a hot tub but in August not sure if we will use it. Do you know if the AC goes throughout in the Hale Lani. I know it can be very hot in August. Thank you again!

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

Not sure about AC..I would ask to villa company! It will be hot in August so central air might be necessary!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

Belvedere has always been on my short list, but never worked out for any of our trips. That would be my choice

Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

I can't comment on the others, but have stayed in Still Waters. I don't think it would work very well with a bunch of friends. There are two massive bedrooms - each with a king - but the lofted extra bedroom is just that. It's a loft and it's hot. Very, very hot. My kids slept up there and ended up in our room every night to cool off.

Otherwise, it's a nice villa with a good pool. The pool deck area is relatively small but enough for 6.

Destrehan, Louisiana
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

My wife and I stayed in Belvedere last year. It has A/C in all rooms and good view, the beds needed updating, something I would inquire about. Great location easy to get in and out of.

We tried Hale Lani in the beginning of June this year, do not rent this villa, the first night the beds were so bad, the a/c so noisy, that we left and went to the Westin. One other thing there are no curtains to block out light or sun from the bedrooms... We called Destinations St John the next morning and to their credit gave us a full refund.

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

Thanks so much! We booked Villa Belvedere so I'll update you after our trip. We are very excited. Than you all again for the advice.

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

We stayed at Villa Belvedere and I have to say it was a beautiful view. A million dollar view. The villa has 3 bedrooms 2 with queen size bed and one room with two twins. All three rooms having working AC as well as the main house which can get very chilly ( even for a Floridian). The pool is very small but most are in St. John. There is an attached spa but I'm not sure who is getting in a hot tub in St. John. The home is located In a very nice area and we felt completely safe. There are no locks on the sliders which we learned is very common as there is very little crime. The house has three showers two if which are outside, which is very cool but makes the two bathrooms a bit warm, not a problem since the rooms have AC. We decided not to rent a vehicle since it was 5 girls and we wanted to have cocktails. We met a cab driver the 1st night and used him the entire stay, $5 will get you pretty much anywhere on island if you negotiate well. Overall, it was a great experince and Destination St. John was great. The house needs a little updating in the decor but the view far makes up for the dated decor. I would visit again for sure!

10. Re: Which Villa is best - Belvedere,Still Waters, Hale Lani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:15