We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Casa de Sonadores

New Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Villa Casa de Sonadores

Has anyone stayed here recently and was wondering about the "bedroom" in the basement, have a 5th couple that would like to go and just want a bed to sleep in.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Casa de Sonadores

Talk to the management company. We stayed there and love the setting and the villa. But, the rooms on the lower level are not equivalent to the four beautiful rooms upstairs.

Cheers, RickG

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Casa de Sonadores

We also stayed at the villa. It is a lovely place. Like RickG mentioned, the four bedrooms are beautiful and pretty much equal.

I am really surprised the management company even offers up the basement as sleeping quarters. That area is accessed by an exterior stairway and it is sort of steep and dark at night. There are no windows in the room and when we were there, it was very damp and musty (February). I would think it would be like sleeping in a tomb. I don't remember there being a bathroom but double-check me on that.

New Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Casa de Sonadores

Thanks, the couple that wil be using it are just looking for a bed to sleep in, wer'e getting married and they wanted to be there for the event, told them had no windows, owner said there was a full bathroom there and in the lower level and they where OK with it. They are not paying near what we are splitting for the Villa.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Casa de Sonadores

I also recall a dehumdifier in the downstairs room. You might ask them to turn it on a couple days before you arrive and provide fresh linens.

It's a great house and splendid place to entertain with more parking than any other house I've stayed at. Easy to find too.

Cheers, RickG

New Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Casa de Sonadores

Thanks for the advice RichG, can't wait to get there!

6. Re: Villa Casa de Sonadores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:41