We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to BVI

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
421 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to BVI

We have been traveling to Saint John for over 20 years and have only taken one trip to the BVI's. That was a long time ago. We did the baths, etc. We want to experience Soggy Dollar. Any suggestions as to what boat trip to take?

West Frankfort...
Level Contributor
585 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to BVI

Have you concidered taking the ferry over ? Virgin islands now online magazine has the ferry times

webster,ny
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to BVI

I have gone out with Wet Woodys a few times . Great crew,fast stable clean!!

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to BVI

Are you looking to charter your own private boat, or are you wanting to take a group trip?

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
80 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to BVI

Hi. Just returned from St. John last week and we took a day trip to Jost VanDyke on the Kekoa charters. It was a great time and the crew was awesome. I would highly recommend them.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
421 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to BVI

Either one..any suggestions? We rent the same villa "One Love" every year and it's easy to just stay at that beautiful home. We need to "get out"..so a trip on the water is what we need to break it up.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
421 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to BVI

Any details on this?

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
74 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to BVI

My husband and I did a day trip via the ferry. We had a blast on the island. A taxi met us at the ferry and we arranged with the driver to get us back to the ferry on time for the return trip. No worries, no problems. Have fun!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
28 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to BVI

It depends on your style. If you want to party with others, take a day charter. If you want to see the sights as opposed to party, take the ferry. Since you've been to SJJ before, and are comfortable with the environs, negotiating the ferry situation will be easy. If we get back to SJJ, we plan to do a ferry trip by ourselves. Much more flexible than a charter.

Brookfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to BVI

We were a party of 6 and LOVED Palm Tree Charters "you choose the cruise" Captain John and Sue are wonderful! I had the best birthday a girl could ask for mostly because we were able to be flexible with regards to where to snorkel where to eat lunch etc.

10. Re: Day trip to BVI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:15