We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

Does anyone know of a half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay? I found an all day one but can't work that into schedule. Thank you for any help.

United States
Level Contributor
415 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

If you have a car, it is an easy drive and short hike. You could also rent a dinghy and venture on your own.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

Not sure you really need to be in a boat to experience Waterlemon....easy hike nice snorkel from the shore.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

I see you are renting a jeep for a couple of days (you'll be glad you did). Save Waterlemon for a day you have the jeep. All you need to take is your snorkel gear and some water. If you pack your lunch & cooler, leave them in the jeep. It's a long hike to carry chairs and whatever. The closest entry is a gravel/broken coral area. No sand beach. We spend however much time we want snorkeling then hike back to the jeep. Head to another beach, grab our cooler, set up the chairs and enjoy the afternoon without having to lug all our stuff very far. Francis is probably our favorite and that's the closest one to Waterlemon. FYI - Francis is very busy on weekends, as that's where the locals go too. Maho would be another good choice. Have fun!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

Here's another take completely: If the reason you're looking for a boat trip to Waterlemon is because you want someone experienced in the water with you, you could consider checking Pam Gaffin's availability as a guide, that day. I'm afraid to try to snorkel around the cay, and almost did this for our last trip.

If you're only looking for a boat trip because you didn't know you could reach the cay another way, follow the posts above and disregard ;)

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

I figure we'll do that on of the days we have the jeep. My thought was if we get out there and get tired....I'm going to look for a noodle when we get to the island just in case :) So many beaches, so little time!! Is there anywhere in Cruz Bay to rent fins? We'll be bringing our snorkel and mask. That you for the suggestions!!

Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

Chelsea Drug in the marketplace has noodles

I took one with me everywhere snorkeling....

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

Last time we were there, there were lots of very small to medium sea urchins along the rocky shoreline near the cay. We took our watershoes along and entered the water with them on then threw them on shore when we got into deeper water where we put our fins on. Nobody bothered them but we were a little concerned that the local critter would steal them.

Mike in Tulsa

Edited: 05 September 2012, 21:03
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

You can rent fins at LowKey Watersports, Now located at Grande Bay. www.lowkeywatersports.com

Or Cruz Bay Watersports located at the roundabout and also the Westin. www.cruzbaywatersports.com

Have fun!

9. Re: Half day boat trip to Waterlemon Cay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 10:16