We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Box Wine

Brooklyn, NY
8 posts
Save Topic
Box Wine

Hi guys - My fiancee and I are getting married on STJ this February, and hosting a welcome picnic at the pavilion at Maho Bay. We'd love to be able to offer wine to our guests but that is a challenge given the park rules regarding glass on the beach. My question is, are there any places that you guys are aware of, on STJ or STT (we are renting our car at the airport and stopping at Cost-U-Less on the way in if that matters), that sell box wine? Not the best option but better than nothing in our view!

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mentioned in this post
Maho Bay
Maho Bay
439 Reviews
St. John
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Box Wine

I don't recall having seen them at CULess but have seen a small selection at Plaza Extra. February is rather a long way away and products come and go but you're more than welcome to PM me closer to then and I'll be happy to check for you. I'm in both stores at least once a week.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Box Wine

I don't remember seeing boxed wine on STJ. Considering the beach glass issue, I am surprised it isn't sold.

You might want to contact Katilady, Christy's or other provisioners, they might be able to source it for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Box Wine

or you could make sangria and take it to the beach in plasic pitchers.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Box Wine

Are you sure you are even going to be on the beach with drinks? The Pavilion is many, many steps up from the beach so is it possible that the guests will just hang out there to eat and drink as opposed to trecking down to the beach?

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Box Wine

They have boxed wine at Starfish Gourmet. They can also order it for you before you arrive. Bota Box Wine is the only one I have seen, and it goes for $27 or so. Starfish Market (340) 779-4949 www.starfishmarket.com

6. Re: Box Wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 04:18