We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain St John

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rain St John

I looked at forecast and it states rain everyday. Does it rain in morning everyday? Or is it drizzle throughout day? Thanks!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain St John

We need to put the answer to this question in the Top questions section.

B.

Plaistow, New...
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain St John

In the meantime, all that means is that brief showers can occur on any day. Not an issue, and lately, monthly rainfall has been setting new (low) records.

Kevin

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain St John

Usually it means that it's likely to rain in some part of the local area for at least a few minutes. Today is typical, with an early morning shower and bright sun for the rest of the day. Recent rain has been extremely local, e.g. a recent late afternoon shower that dropped over an inch on the North Shore and nothing measurable in Cruz Bay, 2-3 miles away.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain St John

I tried to get this added as a stickie but to no avail!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain St John

The rain question, some will be annoyed but oh well. We were there in June and had almost no rain. August we got Isaac and had two days wiped out but that has been the exception. I tell everyone you will likely SEE it rain every day but maybe only get rained on once in a week. Probably unlikely to impact your activities and if it does probably won't last long. I wouldn't worry.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain St John

"We need to put the answer to this question in the Top questions section."

Any DE, for any location, has the "power" to add, delete and edit entries to the Top Questions Section for any location (regardless if they are a DE for said location). I would do it here if I weren't so damn lazy...

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain St John

No one reads the Top questions, as a DE, you must be aware of how often folks ask questions that are posted there!

I wanted to update our stickie like so many other forums have

Kentucky
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain St John

Was going to say "guessing no one reads top questions". Sticky would probably work but answering questions is pretty easy also.

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain St John

In this newbies' defense, if you are on the main USVI forum here, no Top Questions even show but you can still look at all posts and add a topic and mark as ST John specific.

I remember my first Caribbean trip when I didn't know any better and needed the guidance of all the pros....heck, I've been travelling often for almost 10 years now and I still need the advise of the experts!!!

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain St John

This is indeed a common question and one that I have asked in the past. As the experts have said you can not depend on the forecast to be accurate. I have aslo found that it can change as you approach your trip. Most of the time during the last 6 years I have gone to STJ the rain has not been a problem where my vacation was ruined. Only one time in May it rained far too much and we were frustrated at times. There is nothing you can do about it anyway; it is the chance we all take when we go to the tropics off season.