We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

Bryant, Arkansas
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

Well there are only 9 months and 5 five days now before our trip :D

How far in advance should we rent a jeep? We will be going in July, so I don't know if the demand will be as high but I don't want to get stuck either. Waffling between St. John Car Rental and Courtesy because you guys have said just wonderful things about both.

Thanks Again for all your help!

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

Reserve now. They don't charge your credit card (at least not St John Car Rental) until you get there or if you cancel last minute they will charge the cancellation fee.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
2. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 01:05
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

Yep best of reserving now.

B.

maine
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

We always book flights first, jeep second, villa third. Have had great luck with varlack and courtesy. Hope you have a great trip!

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

I just booked Courtesy a week ago for early April.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

am I completely screwed if we just decided on going to St. John's in December?

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
308 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

I wouldn't say that you're screwed but you may want to make sure you can get a jeep prior to booking your flights. That is unless having a jeep is not important to you. I am also going in December and I booked two jeeps back in February.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

I just reserved a 2 door jeep from Courtesy for 1/2-1/10. Reserve ahead. But remember they're getting more vehicles and prices may come down.....

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

LynnieGirl: Unlikely you'll have a problem with a rental on STJ in July as that's low season. The agencies typically run short on vehicles during high season but even then there's of course the option of renting on STT. Have fun!

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
461 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How far in advance do you need to rent a jeep?

I just tried to reserve at St John Car rental for Presidents Week and they had no four door Wranglers left. we got a 2 door but we had to call Paris car rental for a four door- which they had. Maybe it is just for that week but St John Car rental does put a $100 deposit on your credit card- refundable with 3 weeks notice.

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands